Waukesha County Executive Dan Vrakas has been giving presentations on the county's budget over the last couple of weeks.
Today, he'll hold another meeting with county residents - just not in person.
Vrakas, who is active on social media, will host a virtual Town Hall meeting through Twitter from 2 to 3 p.m. Wednesday.
The county executive said the virtual Town Hall meeting is being done in an effort to increase communication and citizen engagement and make county government more accessible to residents.
Vrakas encourages anyone who has questions regarding Waukesha County and the 2015 Waukesha County budget to tweet them to his Twitter handle, @CoExecDanVrakas, between now and the conclusion of the virtual Town Hall meeting.
People can also use the hashtag #AskDV for Vrakas to see the question in Twitter.
"I am always looking for new ways to communicate with and receive feedback from Waukesha County residents," Vrakas said. "The annual budget Town Hall meetings, both the in-person and virtual, are key opportunities to receive information about Waukesha County and provide feedback to the county."
Vrakas said if people do not have a Twitter account, but have a question about county government or the upcoming budget, people can email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is a link to the county's 2015 budget Town Hall presentation Vrakas has been giving over the last couple of weeks.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Students returning to school with their iPads
- Waukesha pools closing for the season
- Waukesha woman accused of striking children, husband after night of drinking
- It was a twister in Waukesha, after all, National Weather Service says (1)
- Waukesha's La Casa de Esperanza opens its new charter school
- Trial date set in Slender Man case in Waukesha (1)
- Waukesha Community Briefs: HAWS collection drive, Dialogue Initiative and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Aug. 27, 2015 issue
- Waukesha Catholic schools make a welcoming Choice in revised voucher program
- Homeless Waukesha man charged with battering woman (2)