Waukesha Plan Commission meeting scheduled for Feb. 12 canceled
Mayoral primary forum is on the same date
Due to a lack of quorum, the Waukesha Plan Commission meeting scheduled for Feb. 12 has been canceled.
This is the second straight Plan Commission meeting that has been canceled.
A mayoral forum featuring the four candidates in the primary race had also been scheduled for 6:30 p.m. Feb. 12 at Carroll University.
Mayor Jeff Scrima is a member of the Plan Commission and with the forum taking place at the same time, he would have missed the meeting.
With the meeting canceled, preliminary plans for the Clearwater Apartments on the city's far southwest side will be put on hold until the Feb. 19 meeting.
The Plan Commission was going to consider preliminary site and architectural plans for the complex, which will include 76 residential units on about 8.5 acres of land along Clearwater Lane, north of Stillwater Circle, near Waukesha West High School.
The alderman in this district and many neighbors are expected to speak out against the development.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The Spoon will serve soups, pies at Hartwell Avenue location in Waukesha
- Jackson's Blue Ribbon Pub closed in downtown Waukesha
- Gunshots hit vehicles in parking lot on North University Drive in Waukesha
- Rollout of new garbage, recycling carts underway in city of Waukesha
- Waukesha woman sues the city's housing authority over lost rent assistance
- Fox Head Residences developer asks to postpone action on Waukesha apartments
- Nearby Citgo gas station closes early in response to last week's fatal shooting in Waukesha
- Arrests don't put an end of homicide's impact in Waukesha and for Brookfield family
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Health care reform, peace nominees and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Jan. 22, 2015, issue