Waukesha Plan Commission meeting scheduled for Feb. 12 canceled
Mayoral primary forum is on the same date
Due to a lack of quorum, the Waukesha Plan Commission meeting scheduled for Feb. 12 has been canceled.
This is the second straight Plan Commission meeting that has been canceled.
A mayoral forum featuring the four candidates in the primary race had also been scheduled for 6:30 p.m. Feb. 12 at Carroll University.
Mayor Jeff Scrima is a member of the Plan Commission and with the forum taking place at the same time, he would have missed the meeting.
With the meeting canceled, preliminary plans for the Clearwater Apartments on the city's far southwest side will be put on hold until the Feb. 19 meeting.
The Plan Commission was going to consider preliminary site and architectural plans for the complex, which will include 76 residential units on about 8.5 acres of land along Clearwater Lane, north of Stillwater Circle, near Waukesha West High School.
The alderman in this district and many neighbors are expected to speak out against the development.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Woman accused of stealing $21,000, climbing through ceiling to steal drugs pleads guilty
- Now You Know: Why is the book drop at the Waukesha Public Library out of service so often?
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Halloween programs, playground celebration, and more
- Waukesha Reads program continues: Oct. 15-21 events
- Waukesha Mayor Shawn Reilly urges Congress to reauthorize Ex-Im Bank
- Former Waukesha Alderman Roger Patton remembered for his service
- Waukesha teenager taken down after allegedly stealing from vehicles
- Fall leaf pickup to begin in Waukesha
- Panos building goes to auction, Ace goes on the market in Waukesha
- Former Waukesha Alderman Roger Patton dies