Waukesha Plan Commission meeting scheduled for Feb. 12 canceled
Mayoral primary forum is on the same date
Due to a lack of quorum, the Waukesha Plan Commission meeting scheduled for Feb. 12 has been canceled.
This is the second straight Plan Commission meeting that has been canceled.
A mayoral forum featuring the four candidates in the primary race had also been scheduled for 6:30 p.m. Feb. 12 at Carroll University.
Mayor Jeff Scrima is a member of the Plan Commission and with the forum taking place at the same time, he would have missed the meeting.
With the meeting canceled, preliminary plans for the Clearwater Apartments on the city's far southwest side will be put on hold until the Feb. 19 meeting.
The Plan Commission was going to consider preliminary site and architectural plans for the complex, which will include 76 residential units on about 8.5 acres of land along Clearwater Lane, north of Stillwater Circle, near Waukesha West High School.
The alderman in this district and many neighbors are expected to speak out against the development.
- Unfavorable weather crimps attendance at Waukesha County Fair
- Judge: Prison for Waukesha man who led police on naked, drug-fueled pursuit
- Ex-Kmart site in Waukesha to grow with new freestanding retail building
- Plans for new Mad Rooster Cafe net final approval from Waukesha Plan Commission
- Power outage temporarily closes Waukesha County Courthouse, administrative buildings
- Assembly District 83 candidates agree on taxes, differ on opiate issue
- GOP vice presidential candidate Mike Pence to hold rally at Waukesha County Expo Center
- Waukesha man accused of spitting on, trying to bite police officers
- Waukesha panel OKs La Casa de Esperanza's charter school expansion
- Waukesha planning staff mulling another downtown apartment project