Waukesha Plan Commission meeting scheduled for Feb. 12 canceled
Mayoral primary forum is on the same date
Due to a lack of quorum, the Waukesha Plan Commission meeting scheduled for Feb. 12 has been canceled.
This is the second straight Plan Commission meeting that has been canceled.
A mayoral forum featuring the four candidates in the primary race had also been scheduled for 6:30 p.m. Feb. 12 at Carroll University.
Mayor Jeff Scrima is a member of the Plan Commission and with the forum taking place at the same time, he would have missed the meeting.
With the meeting canceled, preliminary plans for the Clearwater Apartments on the city's far southwest side will be put on hold until the Feb. 19 meeting.
The Plan Commission was going to consider preliminary site and architectural plans for the complex, which will include 76 residential units on about 8.5 acres of land along Clearwater Lane, north of Stillwater Circle, near Waukesha West High School.
The alderman in this district and many neighbors are expected to speak out against the development.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Kicker's Pub & Grub owner flees from man with a gun after closing
- Cuddles shop in downtown Waukesha closing its doors
- Waukesha County Executive Dan Vrakas holding virtual Town Hall meeting on Twitter
- Storms do damage once again in Waukesha
- Driving lesson in Waukesha's Prairie Home Cemetery results in police call
- Ideal weather helps boost Waukesha County Fair attendance
- Waukesha stabbing victim receives military Purple Heart
- Shoppes at Fox River gets final approval from Waukesha Plan Commission
- City of Waukesha will have new system for garbage, recycling pickup in 2015
- Two more Waukesha-area forums focus on District 97 state race