The annual Waukesha Civic Band summer concert series returns for its 71st year Thursday, June 19.
The concerts are put on by the Waukesha Parks, Recreation and Forestry Department and take place at the Les Paul Performance Center in Cutler Park, 321 Wisconsin Ave.
The weekly shows begin at 8 p.m.
Following are the concert dates, featured music and sponsors.
June 19 – Famous composers Gershwin, Mancini, Lerner and Lowe; and the musical "The King and I." Sponsored by Woodman's Food Markets.
June 26 – Big Band Night Glen Miller, Duke Ellington, Stan Kenton; and the musical "Chicago." Sponsored by ProHealth Care.
July 3 – Patriotic Music Woodwind Ensemble Feature; and the musical "A Chorus Line." Sponsored by Band Patrons and Glen & Sally Lunde.
July 10 – Famous singers Frank Sinatra, Michael Bublé, Tony Bennett; and the musical "The Wizard of Oz." Sponsored by Couri Insurance.
July 17 – Famous performers Sammy Davis Jr., Bob Hope, Elton John; and the musical "The Lion King." Sponsored by Associated Bank & Greater Milwaukee Foundation.
July 24 – The German Band Feature; and the musical "Fiddler on the Roof." Sponsored by We Energies.
July 31 – Music of Andrew Lloyd Webber; and the musical "The Phantom of the Opera." Sponsored by The Tom Stevens Family.
Aug. 7 – The Dixie Band Feature; and the musical "My Fair Lady." Sponsored by Merrill Hills Manor.
Aug. 14 – Jazz Express Concert. Sponsored by ProHealth Care.
For more information, call (262) 524-3737 or visit www.ci.waukesha.wi.us/parks.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Steinhafels distribution center expansion on horizon
- News briefs: New degree path at UW-Waukesha
- Coolidge Avenue apartment owners sue the City of Waukesha
- Funeral Services: Nov. 27, 2014
- Waukesha Business Briefs: Health center lauded, Shorewest honored, more
- Waukesha's Kmart redevelopment could give East Sunset Drive a commercial boost
- Waukesha adjusts timeline for Great Lakes water, won't meet radium-compliance deadline
- Waukesha Police Report: Nov. 27, 2014 issue
- Despite concerns, Waukesha Downtown Business Association will continue to lead farmers market
- Waukesha Community Briefs: HAWS events, holiday events and more