The annual Waukesha Civic Band summer concert series returns for its 71st year Thursday, June 19.
The concerts are put on by the Waukesha Parks, Recreation and Forestry Department and take place at the Les Paul Performance Center in Cutler Park, 321 Wisconsin Ave.
The weekly shows begin at 8 p.m.
Following are the concert dates, featured music and sponsors.
June 19 – Famous composers Gershwin, Mancini, Lerner and Lowe; and the musical "The King and I." Sponsored by Woodman's Food Markets.
June 26 – Big Band Night Glen Miller, Duke Ellington, Stan Kenton; and the musical "Chicago." Sponsored by ProHealth Care.
July 3 – Patriotic Music Woodwind Ensemble Feature; and the musical "A Chorus Line." Sponsored by Band Patrons and Glen & Sally Lunde.
July 10 – Famous singers Frank Sinatra, Michael Bublé, Tony Bennett; and the musical "The Wizard of Oz." Sponsored by Couri Insurance.
July 17 – Famous performers Sammy Davis Jr., Bob Hope, Elton John; and the musical "The Lion King." Sponsored by Associated Bank & Greater Milwaukee Foundation.
July 24 – The German Band Feature; and the musical "Fiddler on the Roof." Sponsored by We Energies.
July 31 – Music of Andrew Lloyd Webber; and the musical "The Phantom of the Opera." Sponsored by The Tom Stevens Family.
Aug. 7 – The Dixie Band Feature; and the musical "My Fair Lady." Sponsored by Merrill Hills Manor.
Aug. 14 – Jazz Express Concert. Sponsored by ProHealth Care.
For more information, call (262) 524-3737 or visit www.ci.waukesha.wi.us/parks.
- Judge: Prison for Waukesha man who groped teenage girl, threatened her to drop charges
- Getaway driver gets eight years in prison for role in Waukesha gas station homicide
- Waukesha Farmers Market set to kickoff 2016 season May 7
- Funeral Services: April 28, 2016 issue
- Longtime local criminal Julio Alvarez gets prison for robbing Waukesha gas station (1)
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Healthy kids, Arbor Day and more
- Waukesha police report: April 28, 2016 issue
- Waukesha West students learn global lessons up close on service trip
- Proposed strip mall, eatery could replace Gasthaus restaurant
- Proposed apartment project for Waukesha County Museum remains stalled