The Waukesha Rotary Club is conducting its annual Festival Art Poster design contest for the Waukesha BluesFest.
The festival, entering its eighth year, includes national and area musicians plus an art show, food and beverages. The event, subtitled "An American Music & Art Festival," will take place Friday and Saturday, Aug. 8 and 9 at Naga-Waukee Park on Highway 83 just north of I-94 in Delafield
Poster submissions will be judged by the Waukesha BluesFest Art Show chairperson and members of the festival planning committee.
The first-place winner will receive a $100 prize and four weekend passes to the festival. Second place will receive four weekend passes to the festival, and third place will receive two weekend passes. The winning poster will be printed and available for sale as the official commemorative poster of the 2014 Waukesha BluesFest, with all proceeds going to support the festival.
Artwork should depict the general themes of the event, "blues music" and "An American Music and Art Festival"; the name of the festival, Waukesha BluesFest; dates and year of the festival, Aug. 8 and 9, 2014.
The Poster will be printed on 12x18-inch paper in a vertical format with no bleeds, so the design boundaries must be roughly 111/2 inches by 171/2 inches. Artwork can be full color or a mix of color and black and white. Final artwork design must be printer-ready in an electronic format
All entries must be received by May 15 via electronic file (pdf or jpg) to email@example.com, with the contestant's name, address and phone number included with the submission. Winners will be chosen and notified by June 10.
Contest submissions will not be returned. By entering, you agree that if your submission is one of the three winning entries, the Waukesha Rotary Club will be able to use, reproduce, post, display, or create copies or derivative works of your winning entry in any media for any reason.
The entry may not contain copyrighted material or material produced by someone besides the entrant, such as magazine cutouts, photographs, artwork, etc., unless written permission has been granted for its use. Entrant must submit a copy of the written permission to use the material with the entry. Use of copyrighted material without permission automatically disqualifies the entry.
For more information about the Waukesha BluesFest, visit www.waukeshabluesfest.com.
- Long-term construction project on Moreland Boulevard in Waukesha begins
- Police searching for man mistakenly released from Waukesha County Jail
- Waukesha panel delays decision on proposed development at Gasthaus site
- Waukesha News Briefs: May 5, 2016 issue
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Choral concert, art crawl and more
- Waukesha police report: May 5, 2016 issue
- WWII veteran Alvin Kind receives honorary high school diploma
- Review: Waukesha Civic Theater's 'Annie Get Your Gun' hits the mark
- Just kids from Waukesha County: Joe Schobert, Derek Watt make history in 2016 NFL Draft (2)
- Service area reduced for Waukesha's water diversion application (1)