Brewers' Hank the Dog coming to Waukesha
He will make appearance at Waukesha Kennel Club dog show
The Waukesha County Expo Center grounds will host more than 2,000 dogs this weekend, but one in particular may draw a bigger crowd for this year's American Kennel Club dog show.
Hank the Dog, the Milwaukee Brewers' ballpark pup, will be the guest of honor on Sunday, July 27.
Hank will be on hand at noon during the Best Stuffed Animal in Show to support "Cuddles for Kids." Children ages 8 and younger are invited to bring their new stuffed animal to be judged for Best Stuffed Animal in Show.
All entries will receive a ribbon, and the winner will receive a $25 gift certificate to Culver's. Following judging, children can donate their stuffed animal to the Waukesha Kennel Club, who will then donate them to a local children's hospital.
The Waukesha Kennel Club hosts the annual dog show, billed as the largest in the Midwest. The licensed show draws most of the top-ranked dogs from across the country and Canada.
The show is open to AKC-registered dogs and draws representation from all 173 breeds.
"We are delighted to welcome spectators back to Waukesha Kennel Club's annual dog show and even more delighted to be offering a special event that will be a lot of fun and gives something back to the community," said Mareth Kipp, show chairwoman.
The dogs in the competitions compete in Best in Show and High in Trial on Saturday and Sunday.
The indoor/outdoor show is held rain or shine at the Waukesha County Expo Center, 1000 Northview Road, Waukesha. Some breeds, obedience and agility will be held indoors.
Judging starts each day at 8:30 a.m. and ends at about 5 p.m.
Additional information can be found on the Waukesha Kennel Club website at www.waukeshakennelclub.org.
Here are some photos from last year's Waukesha Kennel Club dog show.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha woman given probation for selling drugs from home
- Woman drives vehicle into Fox River in downtown Waukesha
- Waukesha Police Report: Dec. 3, 2015 issue
- Waukesha NOW wedding announcements: Mulrooney-Bunker, Wiernik-Meyer
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Pecans for sale, dog bucket list and more
- Waukesha News Briefs: Nov. 26, 2015
- Waukesha residents on average will pay $14 less on city portion of tax bill
- Waukesha Police Report: Nov. 26, 2015 issue
- Waukesha Town Board puts Marek housing development plan on hold
- Downtown Waukesha glows under LED snowflakes