Brewers' Hank the Dog coming to Waukesha
He will make appearance at Waukesha Kennel Club dog show
The Waukesha County Expo Center grounds will host more than 2,000 dogs this weekend, but one in particular may draw a bigger crowd for this year's American Kennel Club dog show.
Hank the Dog, the Milwaukee Brewers' ballpark pup, will be the guest of honor on Sunday, July 27.
Hank will be on hand at noon during the Best Stuffed Animal in Show to support "Cuddles for Kids." Children ages 8 and younger are invited to bring their new stuffed animal to be judged for Best Stuffed Animal in Show.
All entries will receive a ribbon, and the winner will receive a $25 gift certificate to Culver's. Following judging, children can donate their stuffed animal to the Waukesha Kennel Club, who will then donate them to a local children's hospital.
The Waukesha Kennel Club hosts the annual dog show, billed as the largest in the Midwest. The licensed show draws most of the top-ranked dogs from across the country and Canada.
The show is open to AKC-registered dogs and draws representation from all 173 breeds.
"We are delighted to welcome spectators back to Waukesha Kennel Club's annual dog show and even more delighted to be offering a special event that will be a lot of fun and gives something back to the community," said Mareth Kipp, show chairwoman.
The dogs in the competitions compete in Best in Show and High in Trial on Saturday and Sunday.
The indoor/outdoor show is held rain or shine at the Waukesha County Expo Center, 1000 Northview Road, Waukesha. Some breeds, obedience and agility will be held indoors.
Judging starts each day at 8:30 a.m. and ends at about 5 p.m.
Additional information can be found on the Waukesha Kennel Club website at www.waukeshakennelclub.org.
Here are some photos from last year's Waukesha Kennel Club dog show.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- David Smart steps down as general manager of The Clarke Hotel in downtown Waukesha
- Catholic Memorial earns distinct national School of Excellence recognition
- Hebron House of Hospitality breaks ground on new low-income apartments in Waukesha
- R&R Insurance Services in Waukesha acquires Snyder Insurance
- Waukesha County detective arrested for domestic disorderly conduct
- Waukesha police reveal new details in Skateland incident
- Woman hit by vehicle in Waukesha Skateland parking lot expected to recover
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Wounded Warriors playing local softball games this weekend
- Waukesha Police Report: Sept. 11, 2014 issue
- Waukesha organization celebrates literacy locally