Brookfield Financial adviser charged with possessing child pornography
Complaint: Chier, 52, told police he was no longer stimulated by adult pornography
A 52-year-old Brookfield financial adviser was charged Monday, July 29 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with several counts of possessing child pornography, telling police he was no longer stimulated by adult pornography.
According to the criminal complaint, Waukesha Police detectives discovered during a June 9 investigation that several files being shared online contained child pornography. The images showed prepubescent children, some of whom were being molested, in various states of undress, according to the complaint.
The IP address of the content uploaded was traced to Waukesha resident Scott A. Chier. Chier was, until recently, listed online as an adviser of Chier, Kreske & Associates, a Brookfield practice associated with Ameriprise Financial Services Inc.
A search warrant was executed July 25 of Chier's house, at 2512 Marry Ann Court, and more images of child pornography were found. He told police that he was addicted to pornography and had begun searching for underage girls. He said that he typically deletes images from his computer on a yearly basis.
Chier was charged with three counts of possession of child pornography and one count of sexual exploitation of a child.
He could face 115 years in prison and $400,000 in fines if convicted.
His bail was set at $10,000 at an initial appearance on July 29. He is expected to appear at a preliminary hearing on Aug. 5.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha Police Report: Oct. 15, 2015 issue
- Mama D's Coffee opening in former Spoon site near downtown Waukesha
- Erik Helgestad appointed to the Waukesha Common Council
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Robotics class, concealed carry, job fair and more
- Waukesha Reads program continues: Oct. 8-14 events
- Vietnamese restaurant Pho King opens, pizza eatery Bobanna's closes in Waukesha (1)
- Food drive grows bigger in Waukesha's District 12
- Xperience Fitness and Dollar Tree open in old Waukesha Kmart
- West Allis man charged with video taping women's restroom at UW-Waukesha
- Housing development hopes to stay at home in town of Waukesha (1)