A 19-year-old Brookfield man was accused of using a dangerous weapon to steal more than $9,000 on June 2, in the city of Waukesha.
Dylan Drabek, 1300 Greenway Terrace, was charged on Thursday, June 19, in Waukesha County Circuit Court, with armed robbery.
If convicted, Drabek faces up to 40 years in prison and $100,000 in fines.
According to the criminal complaint, Drabek used a can of mace and his index finger to imitate the appearance of a gun inside a pocket on his hooded sweatshirt, then handed a note to a clerk at Lares Fashion listing his demands.
"Give me the money bags now, I'm desperate and armed, now," the note said in the complaint.
Drabek and his girlfriend reportedly admitted to spending the money — some $9,400 — on a trip to Wisconsin Dells, as well as food, baby formula and $450 worth of marijuana for Drabek.
According to court records, Drabek is being held at the county jail on a $50,000 cash bond. If released, he is ordered to maintain absolute sobriety, relinquish all dangerous weapons and is prohibited from having any dealings with Lares Fashion.
His preliminary hearing is scheduled for Wednesday, June 25.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Former sheriff's lieutenant gets jail time, probation
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Art crawl, awards lunch, health clinics and more
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- Waukesha man accused of delivering drugs that caused overdose death
- Waukesha Police Report: Oct. 2, 2014 issue
- Waukesha lists curbside pickup and drop-off center times for leaves
- Spooky, isn't it: Halloween season kicks in Waukesha with Wisconsin Feargrounds
- Waukesha County budget avoids adding to tax bill
- Chinese restaurant owner brings new life to Waukesha shopping center
- Funding may now be a thing of the past for Waukesha County Museum