A 19-year-old Brookfield man was accused of using a dangerous weapon to steal more than $9,000 on June 2, in the city of Waukesha.
Dylan Drabek, 1300 Greenway Terrace, was charged on Thursday, June 19, in Waukesha County Circuit Court, with armed robbery.
If convicted, Drabek faces up to 40 years in prison and $100,000 in fines.
According to the criminal complaint, Drabek used a can of mace and his index finger to imitate the appearance of a gun inside a pocket on his hooded sweatshirt, then handed a note to a clerk at Lares Fashion listing his demands.
"Give me the money bags now, I'm desperate and armed, now," the note said in the complaint.
Drabek and his girlfriend reportedly admitted to spending the money — some $9,400 — on a trip to Wisconsin Dells, as well as food, baby formula and $450 worth of marijuana for Drabek.
According to court records, Drabek is being held at the county jail on a $50,000 cash bond. If released, he is ordered to maintain absolute sobriety, relinquish all dangerous weapons and is prohibited from having any dealings with Lares Fashion.
His preliminary hearing is scheduled for Wednesday, June 25.
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Plants sale, 'Gypsy' auditions and more
- Waukesha police report: June 2, 2016 issue
- Farmer's Daughter Collection in Waukesha makes cultural connection
- Allô! Chocolat owners seek sweet deal for downtown Waukesha business
- Waukesha School District lauds change in food service provider
- Retzer Nature Center locked down May 25 due to attempted suicide
- Reconstruction of Tenny Avenue in Waukesha prompts short-term closure of nearby intersection
- Funeral services: May 26, 2016 issue
- Ex-Waukesha man accused of reckless homicide in heroin overdose death
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Lion King, gallery art and more