A 19-year-old Brookfield man was accused of using a dangerous weapon to steal more than $9,000 on June 2, in the city of Waukesha.
Dylan Drabek, 1300 Greenway Terrace, was charged on Thursday, June 19, in Waukesha County Circuit Court, with armed robbery.
If convicted, Drabek faces up to 40 years in prison and $100,000 in fines.
According to the criminal complaint, Drabek used a can of mace and his index finger to imitate the appearance of a gun inside a pocket on his hooded sweatshirt, then handed a note to a clerk at Lares Fashion listing his demands.
"Give me the money bags now, I'm desperate and armed, now," the note said in the complaint.
Drabek and his girlfriend reportedly admitted to spending the money — some $9,400 — on a trip to Wisconsin Dells, as well as food, baby formula and $450 worth of marijuana for Drabek.
According to court records, Drabek is being held at the county jail on a $50,000 cash bond. If released, he is ordered to maintain absolute sobriety, relinquish all dangerous weapons and is prohibited from having any dealings with Lares Fashion.
His preliminary hearing is scheduled for Wednesday, June 25.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Erik Helgestad appointed to the Waukesha Common Council
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Robotics class, concealed carry, job fair and more
- Waukesha Reads program continues: Oct. 8-14 events
- Vietnamese restaurant Pho King opens, pizza eatery Bobanna's closes in Waukesha (1)
- Food drive grows bigger in Waukesha's District 12
- Xperience Fitness and Dollar Tree open in old Waukesha Kmart
- West Allis man charged with video taping women's restroom at UW-Waukesha
- Housing development hopes to stay at home in town of Waukesha (1)
- Waukesha officials try to plug holes tied to GE move
- Waukesha Police Report: Oct. 8, 2015 issue