The city of Waukesha will conclude its brush pickup on Friday, May 9.
The city is asking that residents pile branches, up to 3 inches in diameter and 6 feet long, on the terrace (the area between the sidewalk and the street) by 7 a.m. on your regular garbage pickup day.
Branches and brush should be neatly piled with all butt ends in the same direction. Residents are asked to tie small amounts of brush in bundles, not more than 6 feet in length or more than 40 pounds and not to put them in bags, boxes or trash containers. Small twigs and branches less than 18 inches in length are considered yard waste and will not be collected.
Residents will also be allowed to drop off brush and branches at the Drop-Off Center, 750 Sentry Drive, at no cost on Saturday, May 10.
This is the only brush collection for the year. The city also reminds residents that large items are collected weekly. Appliances, tires, cast iron plumbing fixtures and certain other heavy items must be called in to schedule pickup.
For more information call city staff at (262) 524-3600.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Slender Man stabbing suspect's attorney contesting doctor's ruling that Anissa Weier is competent
- Competency evaluation results for Anissa Weier, one of Slender Man stabbing suspects, will be revealed in court
- Waukesha man charged with threatening and sexually assaulting his wife
- Waukesha man accused of raping his disabled ex-girlfriend
- West Virginia man convicted of stalking terminally-ill teenage Waukesha girl
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Flu shots, concealed carry classes and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- Want to help the Waukesha Police Department? Here's your chance
- Lifeway Foods moving along with renovations at former Golden Guernsey plant in Waukesha
- Controversial two-town incorporation remains uncertain and undecided in Waukesha-Brookfield area