A month after proposing a 2.32 percent tax levy increase, the City of Waukesha recently finalized its 2013 budget and saw that percentage decrease to a 0.42 percent increase in the tax levy.
In total, the tax levy for 2013 is $51.68 million. It was $51.47 million in 2012.
The city's general fund budget for 2013 is $59.37 million compared to $58.04 million in 2012.
After having a tax rate of $9.55 in 2012, it is $9.63 for 2013.
City Administrator Ed Henschel said the significant change in the 2013 budget is that the city will phase out its internal printing and outsourcing most print functions.
The Town of Waukesha also recently approved a budget with a tax rate of $1.88 per thousand dollars.
This compares to $1.66 in 2012.
The town's 2013 tax levy is 0.3 percent higher than the 2012 levy.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Town of Waukesha in search of a new attorney
- Female driver crashes vehicle into Waukesha Memorial Hospital
- Waukesha man faces 10 counts of child porn possession
- Waukesha County will likely oppose arena tax
- Apartment complex proposed
- Waukesha man charged in motorcyclist's death
- Downtown Waukesha's logo could see a makeover
- City of Waukesha will have a new attorney next spring
- City of Waukesha's mayoral race has three candidates so far
- Local dance team tops in the region