A month after proposing a 2.32 percent tax levy increase, the City of Waukesha recently finalized its 2013 budget and saw that percentage decrease to a 0.42 percent increase in the tax levy.
In total, the tax levy for 2013 is $51.68 million. It was $51.47 million in 2012.
The city's general fund budget for 2013 is $59.37 million compared to $58.04 million in 2012.
After having a tax rate of $9.55 in 2012, it is $9.63 for 2013.
City Administrator Ed Henschel said the significant change in the 2013 budget is that the city will phase out its internal printing and outsourcing most print functions.
The Town of Waukesha also recently approved a budget with a tax rate of $1.88 per thousand dollars.
This compares to $1.66 in 2012.
The town's 2013 tax levy is 0.3 percent higher than the 2012 levy.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha County Fair's attendance "one of the best" in its history
- The Shoppes at Fox River coming before Waukesha Plan Commission for final approval
- Waukesha South hosting alumni show
- UW-Waukesha presents classy 'Kiss Me, Kate'
- Waukesha Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Waukesha man accused of suffocating ex-girlfriend twice during dispute
- Brewers' Hank the Dog coming to Waukesha
- Forums for District 97 state assembly race coming up
- Scorpion Trike strikes where it counts for Waukesha design firm
- Weather has slowed down field turf project at Waukesha schools