A month after proposing a 2.32 percent tax levy increase, the City of Waukesha recently finalized its 2013 budget and saw that percentage decrease to a 0.42 percent increase in the tax levy.
In total, the tax levy for 2013 is $51.68 million. It was $51.47 million in 2012.
The city's general fund budget for 2013 is $59.37 million compared to $58.04 million in 2012.
After having a tax rate of $9.55 in 2012, it is $9.63 for 2013.
City Administrator Ed Henschel said the significant change in the 2013 budget is that the city will phase out its internal printing and outsourcing most print functions.
The Town of Waukesha also recently approved a budget with a tax rate of $1.88 per thousand dollars.
This compares to $1.66 in 2012.
The town's 2013 tax levy is 0.3 percent higher than the 2012 levy.
- Carroll University's new Lowry Hall gets final approval from Waukesha Plan Commission
- Waukesha native's Smart Program Training targets dementia progression
- Now You Know: branch collection
- News in Brief: June 23, 2016 issue
- Funeral services: June 23, 2016 issue
- Waukesha's water diversion application wins unanimous approval
- Plea hearing set for Waukesha man accused of pointing unloaded assault rifle at police
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Kitty shower, wordly talk and more
- Waukesha police report: June 23, 2016 issue
- Waukesha's iconic Gasthaus restaurant to close this weekend (4)