A month after proposing a 2.32 percent tax levy increase, the City of Waukesha recently finalized its 2013 budget and saw that percentage decrease to a 0.42 percent increase in the tax levy.
In total, the tax levy for 2013 is $51.68 million. It was $51.47 million in 2012.
The city's general fund budget for 2013 is $59.37 million compared to $58.04 million in 2012.
After having a tax rate of $9.55 in 2012, it is $9.63 for 2013.
City Administrator Ed Henschel said the significant change in the 2013 budget is that the city will phase out its internal printing and outsourcing most print functions.
The Town of Waukesha also recently approved a budget with a tax rate of $1.88 per thousand dollars.
This compares to $1.66 in 2012.
The town's 2013 tax levy is 0.3 percent higher than the 2012 levy.
- 2016 Waukesha County Fair coverage
- Our Fair Ladies Blog: Video: Crafting and animal races at the Waukesha County Fair
- Outstanding fees could prevent students from graduation ceremonies
- Studio time gives students opportunity to create
- Stay cool at Hebron House and Jeremy Safe Haven
- Waukesha Salvation Army offering cool place to stay in light of impending heat wave
- Crest owner brings Irish flavor to new venture in downtown Waukesha
- Funeral Services: July 21, 2016 issue
- Complaint: Waukesha woman, drunk, grabbed gun following phone dispute
- Waukesha police report: July 21, 2016 issue