The first of a three-phase reconstruction project in downtown Waukesha that will span more than four months began Monday.
During the project, Clinton Street from West Main Street to West Broadway will be closed to through traffic, said City of Waukesha Project Engineer Alex Damien.
But both intersections will not be closed at the same time.
The proposed major changes for the Clinton Street reconstruction project include widening the streetscape area by 3.5 feet, to 11.5 feet wide on both sides.
The streetscape area will be enhanced with decorative concrete pavers; the southbound direction on Clinton Street will be reduced from two lanes to one; new decorative LED streetlights will be installed ;and trees will be removed and new ones planted with the use of a paver grate system.
Phase 1 of the project goes to the end of April. The West Main Street and West Broadway intersections will be closed at times.
Phase 2 is scheduled from the end of April to May 16, which will close traffic from Wisconsin Avenue to West Broadway. The West Main Street intersection will have temporary short-term closures to complete the road reconstruction.
Phase 3 is tentatively scheduled from May 16 to the end of June. It will close Clinton Street from Wisconsin Avenue to West Main Street.
The intersections at West Broadway and West Main Street will be converted to stop control during construction. Pedestrian access to Clinton Street will be maintained throughout the project by phasing the construction of the sidewalks.
Damien said access to the parking lots and driveways on Clinton Street will be maintained as possible.
Important projected dates during the project (subject to change) include these dates for closure of the West Broadway intersection:
· March 6-12
· March 25-31
· Early May and end of June (temporary and short-term for paving)
The West Main Street intersection is expected to be closed on these dates:
· Feb. 24-March 6
· March 12-15
· March 31-April 4
· Early May and end of June (temporary and short term for paving)
Water service disconnection and reconnection (the exact timing will be coordinated) expected dates are:
· West Main Street to West Broad: week of March 24
· Wisconsin Avenue to West Main Street: week of May 19
Substantial completion of Clinton Street between West Broadway and West Main Street is expected:
· Mid to end of May
The estimated final completion of the project on Clinton Street between West Broadway and Wisconsin Avenue is planned for:
· June 27
Questions and comments on the project should be directed to Damien at (262) 524-3907 or email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha pools closing for the season
- Waukesha woman accused of striking children, husband after night of drinking
- It was a twister in Waukesha, after all, National Weather Service says (1)
- Waukesha's La Casa de Esperanza opens its new charter school
- Trial date set in Slender Man case in Waukesha (1)
- Waukesha Community Briefs: HAWS collection drive, Dialogue Initiative and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Aug. 27, 2015 issue
- Waukesha Catholic schools make a welcoming Choice in revised voucher program
- Homeless Waukesha man charged with battering woman (2)
- Waukesha again seeks public's assistance in funding downtown holiday lights