It was quite the night for the Andachts.
Catholic Memorial High School social studies teacher Chris Andacht and his daughter, Amelia, a 2009 CMH graduate, were inducted into the Wisconsin High School Forensic Association Theatre Directors Hall of Fame Nov. 15 in Stevens Point.
Under Chris' leadership, Catholic Memorial's casts have been recognized with 39 outstanding acting awards, more than any other school in the history of the WHSFA. CMH has also won a Critic's Choice award every year since 2002.
He has been awarded 10 outstanding directing awards.
Amelia was inducted for having been one of only three actors in the 116-year history of the association to win three individual outstanding acting awards at state.
"As a father, I am much more excited about my daughter being inducted than I am about my own induction, but in terms of recognizing me, it certainly is a wonderful honor," said Chris, whose two other daughters, Jennifer and Kate, have also been awarded outstanding acting awards at state.
He added that his award is a team effort.
"The award is really much more about our program and the many wonderful kids who have committed to doing the grunt work that is necessary to bring authentic human acting to the stage," Andacht said. "It is also about our belief that the stories we tell can change lives, not only our own, but those of our audience as well.
"We believe that in helping them to discover a real piece of life, that they all too often miss in their own, we move them to live and love more fully. It is in this that we fulfill our mission and make our space sacred."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Election 2014: State Assembly District 83 Voter's Guide
- Slender Man stabbing suspect's attorney contesting doctor's ruling that Anissa Weier is competent
- Competency evaluation results for Anissa Weier, one of Slender Man stabbing suspects, will be revealed in court
- Waukesha man charged with threatening and sexually assaulting his wife
- Waukesha man accused of raping his disabled ex-girlfriend
- West Virginia man convicted of stalking terminally-ill teenage Waukesha girl
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Flu shots, concealed carry classes and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- Want to help the Waukesha Police Department? Here's your chance
- Lifeway Foods moving along with renovations at former Golden Guernsey plant in Waukesha