It was quite the night for the Andachts.
Catholic Memorial High School social studies teacher Chris Andacht and his daughter, Amelia, a 2009 CMH graduate, were inducted into the Wisconsin High School Forensic Association Theatre Directors Hall of Fame Nov. 15 in Stevens Point.
Under Chris' leadership, Catholic Memorial's casts have been recognized with 39 outstanding acting awards, more than any other school in the history of the WHSFA. CMH has also won a Critic's Choice award every year since 2002.
He has been awarded 10 outstanding directing awards.
Amelia was inducted for having been one of only three actors in the 116-year history of the association to win three individual outstanding acting awards at state.
"As a father, I am much more excited about my daughter being inducted than I am about my own induction, but in terms of recognizing me, it certainly is a wonderful honor," said Chris, whose two other daughters, Jennifer and Kate, have also been awarded outstanding acting awards at state.
He added that his award is a team effort.
"The award is really much more about our program and the many wonderful kids who have committed to doing the grunt work that is necessary to bring authentic human acting to the stage," Andacht said. "It is also about our belief that the stories we tell can change lives, not only our own, but those of our audience as well.
"We believe that in helping them to discover a real piece of life, that they all too often miss in their own, we move them to live and love more fully. It is in this that we fulfill our mission and make our space sacred."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego man receives 25-year prison sentence for sexually assaulting Waukesha girl
- Waukesha woman gets prison for killing toddler
- Waukesha County Executive Paul Farrow holding Twitter Town Hall meeting
- Editorial: Farewell to Olson's Ace Hardware, a downtown Waukesha landmark
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Art crawl, Bluesfest, Night Out
- Waukesha Police Report: July 30, 2015 issue
- Waukesha's garbage and recycling rules change
- Ace will no longer be the place in downtown Waukesha (1)
- Waukesha pastor charged with first-degree sexual assault of a child (1)
- Surveys add to Waukesha alderman's web of public interaction