A 38-year-old Milwaukee man allegedly choked his girlfriend until she passed out in their shared room on July 20, at the Country Springs Hotel.
Jesus Ladwig was charged on Friday, Aug. 1, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with strangulation, disorderly conduct and misdemeanor battery, all domestic abuse offenses, and felony bail jumping.
According to the criminal complaint, Ladwig knocked the victim to the ground and squeezed her throat until she lost consciousness.
The victim told police in the complaint that Ladwig repeatedly threatened to kill her.
"This is what it feels like to die," Ladwig said, according to the complaint.
Ladwig faces up to nearly 13 years in prison and $31,000 in fines if convicted.
His preliminary hearing is scheduled for Thursday, Aug. 14.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Expenses adding up as seized chinchillas remain at Waukesha animal shelter (2)
- Waukesha County Museum's long-term plan goes into motion
- Drug deal gone wrong leads to armed robbery charges against three Waukesha men
- New high school grading system in Waukesha all about clarity
- Effects of expanded statewide voucher program sparks Waukesha School District's partnership with Montessori
- Attorney requests Slender Man stabbing suspect Morgan Geyser be moved to treatment facility
- In honor of Earth Day, volunteers will be out cleaning downtown Waukesha
- Waukesha woman allegedly 'went nuts,' cut and beat her friends, during disagreement
- 'Suspicious' fire damages Waukesha home overnight
- Brian Dorow joins Kapenga in District 33 state Senate race