A 38-year-old Milwaukee man allegedly choked his girlfriend until she passed out in their shared room on July 20, at the Country Springs Hotel.
Jesus Ladwig was charged on Friday, Aug. 1, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with strangulation, disorderly conduct and misdemeanor battery, all domestic abuse offenses, and felony bail jumping.
According to the criminal complaint, Ladwig knocked the victim to the ground and squeezed her throat until she lost consciousness.
The victim told police in the complaint that Ladwig repeatedly threatened to kill her.
"This is what it feels like to die," Ladwig said, according to the complaint.
Ladwig faces up to nearly 13 years in prison and $31,000 in fines if convicted.
His preliminary hearing is scheduled for Thursday, Aug. 14.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mia Famiglia bringing Sicilian cooking to downtown Waukesha
- Legal fight over historic Blair House in Waukesha continues
- Waukesha apartment plan may get further revisions
- Colorado man charged with stalking, and more, in case involving ex-girlfriend in Waukesha
- Waukesha's old garbage system is just about trashed with delivery of new carts
- New City Administrator Kevin Lahner ready to take on Waukesha's challenges
- Gas stations in Waukesha look at safety measures in wake of violent crime
- Waukesha clergy provide warm spaces for city's homeless
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Grocery tips, eco-friendly workshops and more
- New science facility at Carroll University still on schedule for fall 2016