A 38-year-old Milwaukee man allegedly choked his girlfriend until she passed out in their shared room on July 20, at the Country Springs Hotel.
Jesus Ladwig was charged on Friday, Aug. 1, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with strangulation, disorderly conduct and misdemeanor battery, all domestic abuse offenses, and felony bail jumping.
According to the criminal complaint, Ladwig knocked the victim to the ground and squeezed her throat until she lost consciousness.
The victim told police in the complaint that Ladwig repeatedly threatened to kill her.
"This is what it feels like to die," Ladwig said, according to the complaint.
Ladwig faces up to nearly 13 years in prison and $31,000 in fines if convicted.
His preliminary hearing is scheduled for Thursday, Aug. 14.
- Construction won't stop Waukesha's annual Memorial Day festivities
- Waukesha School District lauds change in food service provider
- Allô! Chocolat owners seek sweet deal for downtown Waukesha business
- Farmer's Daughter Collection in Waukesha makes cultural connection
- Retzer Nature Center locked down May 25 due to attempted suicide
- Waukesha police report: June 2, 2016 issue
- Greats Lakes panel approves Waukesha water application with conditions
- Construction cuts into major roadways in Waukesha this year
- Reconstruction of Tenny Avenue in Waukesha prompts short-term closure of nearby intersection
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Plants sale, 'Gypsy' auditions and more