A 38-year-old Milwaukee man allegedly choked his girlfriend until she passed out in their shared room on July 20, at the Country Springs Hotel.
Jesus Ladwig was charged on Friday, Aug. 1, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with strangulation, disorderly conduct and misdemeanor battery, all domestic abuse offenses, and felony bail jumping.
According to the criminal complaint, Ladwig knocked the victim to the ground and squeezed her throat until she lost consciousness.
The victim told police in the complaint that Ladwig repeatedly threatened to kill her.
"This is what it feels like to die," Ladwig said, according to the complaint.
Ladwig faces up to nearly 13 years in prison and $31,000 in fines if convicted.
His preliminary hearing is scheduled for Thursday, Aug. 14.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha's La Casa de Esperanza opens its new charter school
- Homeless Waukesha man charged with battering woman (1)
- Trial date set in Slender Man case in Waukesha (1)
- Waukesha Police Report: Aug. 27, 2015 issue
- Waukesha hosting National Guard disaster drill training Aug. 29-30
- Waukesha again seeks public's assistance in funding downtown holiday lights
- Waukesha shooting leads to criminal charges against Hartland man
- Waukesha woman accused of striking children, husband after night of drinking
- It was a twister in Waukesha, after all, National Weather Service says
- The Spoon restaurant near downtown Waukesha closes once again