A 38-year-old Milwaukee man allegedly choked his girlfriend until she passed out in their shared room on July 20, at the Country Springs Hotel.
Jesus Ladwig was charged on Friday, Aug. 1, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with strangulation, disorderly conduct and misdemeanor battery, all domestic abuse offenses, and felony bail jumping.
According to the criminal complaint, Ladwig knocked the victim to the ground and squeezed her throat until she lost consciousness.
The victim told police in the complaint that Ladwig repeatedly threatened to kill her.
"This is what it feels like to die," Ladwig said, according to the complaint.
Ladwig faces up to nearly 13 years in prison and $31,000 in fines if convicted.
His preliminary hearing is scheduled for Thursday, Aug. 14.
- Waukesha Plan Commission OKs charter school expansion plans for La Casa de Esperanza
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Night Out info, food drive and more
- Waukesha County Parks leader retires, leaving 25-year legacy
- Now You Know: Where were Waukesha's movie theaters?
- New Latin American restaurant Arepanitas opens near downtown Waukesha
- Waukesha newspaper website is changing
- Waukesha police report: July 28, 2016 issue
- 2016 Waukesha County Fair coverage
- Our Fair Ladies Blog: Video: Animal races, 4-H and a geese champion at the Waukesha County Fair
- Unpaid fees could keep Waukesha students from graduation ceremonies