A 38-year-old Milwaukee man allegedly choked his girlfriend until she passed out in their shared room on July 20, at the Country Springs Hotel.
Jesus Ladwig was charged on Friday, Aug. 1, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with strangulation, disorderly conduct and misdemeanor battery, all domestic abuse offenses, and felony bail jumping.
According to the criminal complaint, Ladwig knocked the victim to the ground and squeezed her throat until she lost consciousness.
The victim told police in the complaint that Ladwig repeatedly threatened to kill her.
"This is what it feels like to die," Ladwig said, according to the complaint.
Ladwig faces up to nearly 13 years in prison and $31,000 in fines if convicted.
His preliminary hearing is scheduled for Thursday, Aug. 14.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The Spoon restaurant is back in business under new ownership near downtown Waukesha
- Downtown Waukesha business owner wants more police communication when crime strikes
- Waukesha police arrest Associated Bank armed robbery suspects
- Another wine bar could be coming to downtown Waukesha
- Darrin Malone, final suspect in Waukesha gas station homicide, arrested in Milwaukee
- Two masked men rob Associated Bank in Waukesha at gunpoint
- Waukesha man allegedly involved in shooting incident gets reduced bail
- Developer: city's downtown apartment denial tells others 'don't bother coming to Waukesha' (2)
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Home improvement show, pancake fest and more
- Waukesha's Community Development Department seeks artists for neighborhood public art projects