A 38-year-old Milwaukee man allegedly choked his girlfriend until she passed out in their shared room on July 20, at the Country Springs Hotel.
Jesus Ladwig was charged on Friday, Aug. 1, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with strangulation, disorderly conduct and misdemeanor battery, all domestic abuse offenses, and felony bail jumping.
According to the criminal complaint, Ladwig knocked the victim to the ground and squeezed her throat until she lost consciousness.
The victim told police in the complaint that Ladwig repeatedly threatened to kill her.
"This is what it feels like to die," Ladwig said, according to the complaint.
Ladwig faces up to nearly 13 years in prison and $31,000 in fines if convicted.
His preliminary hearing is scheduled for Thursday, Aug. 14.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha's Kmart redevelopment could give East Sunset Drive a commercial boost
- Waukesha adjusts timeline for Great Lakes water, won't meet radium-compliance deadline
- Despite concerns, Waukesha Downtown Business Association will continue to lead farmers market
- Coolidge Avenue apartment owners sue the City of Waukesha
- Steinhafels distribution center expansion on horizon
- Waukesha Business Briefs: Health center lauded, Shorewest honored, more
- Funeral Services: Nov. 27, 2014
- Family of Waukesha parade's grand marshal also has reason to be thankful
- Waukesha holiday tree-lighting ceremony salutes military on Friday
- Burlington's city administrator Kevin Lahner selected to same position in Waukesha