A 38-year-old Milwaukee man allegedly choked his girlfriend until she passed out in their shared room on July 20, at the Country Springs Hotel.
Jesus Ladwig was charged on Friday, Aug. 1, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with strangulation, disorderly conduct and misdemeanor battery, all domestic abuse offenses, and felony bail jumping.
According to the criminal complaint, Ladwig knocked the victim to the ground and squeezed her throat until she lost consciousness.
The victim told police in the complaint that Ladwig repeatedly threatened to kill her.
"This is what it feels like to die," Ladwig said, according to the complaint.
Ladwig faces up to nearly 13 years in prison and $31,000 in fines if convicted.
His preliminary hearing is scheduled for Thursday, Aug. 14.
- Carroll University's new Lowry Hall gets final approval from Waukesha Plan Commission
- Waukesha's water diversion application wins unanimous approval
- Waukesha's iconic Gasthaus restaurant to close this weekend (4)
- SMART Program Training targets dementia progression
- Mother in Slender Man stabbing struggles with daughter’s fate
- Plea hearing set for Waukesha man accused of pointing unloaded assault rifle at police
- Waukesha police report: June 23, 2016 issue
- Video: Waukesha County hosts training exercise to respond to anthrax attack
- Waukesha celebrates nation's and city parks' anniversary this time
- Waukesha School District approves new principals at Lowell & Hawthorne