A 38-year-old Milwaukee man allegedly choked his girlfriend until she passed out in their shared room on July 20, at the Country Springs Hotel.
Jesus Ladwig was charged on Friday, Aug. 1, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with strangulation, disorderly conduct and misdemeanor battery, all domestic abuse offenses, and felony bail jumping.
According to the criminal complaint, Ladwig knocked the victim to the ground and squeezed her throat until she lost consciousness.
The victim told police in the complaint that Ladwig repeatedly threatened to kill her.
"This is what it feels like to die," Ladwig said, according to the complaint.
Ladwig faces up to nearly 13 years in prison and $31,000 in fines if convicted.
His preliminary hearing is scheduled for Thursday, Aug. 14.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Despite Meijer's request for a change, Waukesha stores must continue to sell liquor in separate area (4)
- Downtown Waukesha glows under LED snowflakes
- Waukesha Town Board puts Marek housing development plan on hold
- New rule trickles into Waukesha's water conservation efforts
- Complaint: Teenager pointed gun at woman inside Waukesha apartment
- Man found guilty of igniting standoff with police to enter treatment for mental illness
- Waukesha Police Report: Nov. 26, 2015 issue
- Waukesha residents on average will pay $14 less on city portion of tax bill
- Waukesha News Briefs: Nov. 26, 2015
- Local NFL Punt, Pass & Kick national champion will be grand marshal in Waukesha Christmas Parade