A 38-year-old Milwaukee man allegedly choked his girlfriend until she passed out in their shared room on July 20, at the Country Springs Hotel.
Jesus Ladwig was charged on Friday, Aug. 1, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with strangulation, disorderly conduct and misdemeanor battery, all domestic abuse offenses, and felony bail jumping.
According to the criminal complaint, Ladwig knocked the victim to the ground and squeezed her throat until she lost consciousness.
The victim told police in the complaint that Ladwig repeatedly threatened to kill her.
"This is what it feels like to die," Ladwig said, according to the complaint.
Ladwig faces up to nearly 13 years in prison and $31,000 in fines if convicted.
His preliminary hearing is scheduled for Thursday, Aug. 14.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Public hearings on Waukesha's water application coming up at Carroll University
- Review: Waukesha Civic Theatre's 'Almost, Maine' gets it more than almost right
- Waukesha gas station murder suspect Darrin Malone heads to trial
- Video: Catholic Memorial High School's Innovation Wing opens to rave reviews
- Mad Rooster Cafe considers former Hardees site in downtown Waukesha
- Pizza maker and caterer prep new spaces in downtown Waukesha
- Waukesha man who pointed rifle at police is charged with six felonies
- No arrests or citations issued in fatal crash in Waukesha (1)
- Waukesha Police Report: Feb. 11, 2016 issue
- Waukesha man receives prison sentence for battering pregnant girlfriend