Sexual assault - On May 12, two Waukesha runaway females, ages 16 and 14, reported being sexually assaulted at 424 Barney St. The next day, three of the suspects in those assaults were arrested by Waukesha police. Two were 16-year-olds, and one was an adult.
Later that evening, patrol officers and detectives served three search warrants at 424 Barney St., where sexual assault evidence was recovered, along with a sawed-off shotgun.
During the search, one of the adult suspects, James Smith, 20, was taken into custody.
Kesi Human, 24, sister of one of the juvenile suspects, showed up during the warrant and became disorderly outside and was arrested for disorderly conduct.
Smith was charged with one count of sexual assault of a child younger than 16.
Another suspect, 17-year-old Devone Owens, was arrested May 15 for his involvement in the same assaults. He was taken to the County Jail for lockup May 16.
Theft - On May 13, Waukesha police detectives saw Robert W. Smith removing and taking without permission about 700 pounds of cobalt metal totaling $33,600, from Metaltek International, 905 E. St. Paul. Smith was taken into custody after a traffic stop and later incarcerated at the Waukesha County Jail.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Girl Scout camp staff rescue kitten
- Downtown Waukesha holiday lights project comes up short in fundraising efforts
- Two doctors have differing views on Anissa Weier's competency
- Big lines expected at the polls in Waukesha
- Man robs victim of iPhone near Waukesha's Fox River Trail
- Waukesha woman allegedly abused, insulted her disabled mother
- eAchieve Academy student produces CD of original music
- Funeral Services: Oct. 30, 2014
- On the Move: Oct. 30, 2014
- Election 2014: State Assembly District 83 Voter's Guide