Sexual assault - On May 12, two Waukesha runaway females, ages 16 and 14, reported being sexually assaulted at 424 Barney St. The next day, three of the suspects in those assaults were arrested by Waukesha police. Two were 16-year-olds, and one was an adult.
Later that evening, patrol officers and detectives served three search warrants at 424 Barney St., where sexual assault evidence was recovered, along with a sawed-off shotgun.
During the search, one of the adult suspects, James Smith, 20, was taken into custody.
Kesi Human, 24, sister of one of the juvenile suspects, showed up during the warrant and became disorderly outside and was arrested for disorderly conduct.
Smith was charged with one count of sexual assault of a child younger than 16.
Another suspect, 17-year-old Devone Owens, was arrested May 15 for his involvement in the same assaults. He was taken to the County Jail for lockup May 16.
Theft - On May 13, Waukesha police detectives saw Robert W. Smith removing and taking without permission about 700 pounds of cobalt metal totaling $33,600, from Metaltek International, 905 E. St. Paul. Smith was taken into custody after a traffic stop and later incarcerated at the Waukesha County Jail.
- Power outage temporarily closes Waukesha County Courthouse, administrative buildings
- Waukesha planning staff mulling another downtown apartment project
- Waukesha panel OKs La Casa de Esperanza's charter school expansion
- New Latin American restaurant Arepanitas opens near downtown Waukesha
- Assembly District 83 candidates agree on taxes, differ on opiate issue
- GOP vice presidential candidate Mike Pence to hold rally at Waukesha County Expo Center
- Now You Know: Where were Waukesha's movie theaters?
- Waukesha man accused of spitting on, trying to bite police officers
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Night Out info, food drive and more
- Waukesha County Parks leader retires, leaving 25-year legacy