Sexual assault - On May 12, two Waukesha runaway females, ages 16 and 14, reported being sexually assaulted at 424 Barney St. The next day, three of the suspects in those assaults were arrested by Waukesha police. Two were 16-year-olds, and one was an adult.
Later that evening, patrol officers and detectives served three search warrants at 424 Barney St., where sexual assault evidence was recovered, along with a sawed-off shotgun.
During the search, one of the adult suspects, James Smith, 20, was taken into custody.
Kesi Human, 24, sister of one of the juvenile suspects, showed up during the warrant and became disorderly outside and was arrested for disorderly conduct.
Smith was charged with one count of sexual assault of a child younger than 16.
Another suspect, 17-year-old Devone Owens, was arrested May 15 for his involvement in the same assaults. He was taken to the County Jail for lockup May 16.
Theft - On May 13, Waukesha police detectives saw Robert W. Smith removing and taking without permission about 700 pounds of cobalt metal totaling $33,600, from Metaltek International, 905 E. St. Paul. Smith was taken into custody after a traffic stop and later incarcerated at the Waukesha County Jail.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha pools closing for the season
- Waukesha hosting National Guard disaster drill training Aug. 28-29
- Waukesha again seeks public's assistance in funding downtown holiday lights
- Waukesha shooting leads to criminal charges against Hartland man
- Waukesha's La Casa de Esperanza opens its new charter school
- Homeless Waukesha man charged with battering woman (2)
- Trial date set in Slender Man case in Waukesha (1)
- Waukesha Police Report: Aug. 27, 2015 issue
- Waukesha woman accused of striking children, husband after night of drinking
- It was a twister in Waukesha, after all, National Weather Service says (1)