Vehicles and homes hit by BBs, pellets
Since May 15, the Waukesha Police Department has received at least 15 complaints of windows shot out by use of BB or pellet guns. There have been more vehicles than homes struck by projectiles and it appears that suspect(s) are shooting at random targets. When homes are struck the front windows are usually the target. In only one case, the description of a suspect vehicle was a smaller white Protégé or Mazda occupied by females who were throwing gang signs as they left the area. These crimes appear to be random acts that occur during the nighttime hours.
Watch out for suspicious activity
The Waukesha Police Department is looking for help from citizens who may observe suspicious persons or vehicles driving around at night. They encourage anyone observing anything suspicious or with information on who may be causing damage to area homes, to call the Waukesha Police Department at (262) 524-3831 or Crime Stoppers at 1-888-441-5505.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Town of Waukesha wants in water service area, sends letter to city
- Fight with ump may have cost coach his job
- Lifeway Foods CEO looking forward to future in Waukesha
- Waukesha GuitarTown project shaping up
- More than 342 acres of town land could be annexed into the city
- Neighbors unite beautifying turf
- Waukesha Memorial Day parade is Monday
- Waukesha STEM Academy names new principal
- Waukesha police acted correctly, inquiry says (11)
- Lifeway Foods buys Golden Guernsey