A 38-year-old Milwaukee man allegedly choked his girlfriend until she passed out in their shared room on July 20, at the Country Springs Hotel.
Jesus Ladwig was charged on Friday, Aug. 1, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with strangulation, disorderly conduct and misdemeanor battery, all domestic abuse offenses, and felony bail jumping.
According to the criminal complaint, Ladwig knocked the victim to the ground and squeezed her throat until she lost consciousness.
The victim told police in the complaint that Ladwig repeatedly threatened to kill her.
"This is what it feels like to die," Ladwig said, according to the complaint.
Ladwig faces up to nearly 13 years in prison and $31,000 in fines if convicted.
His preliminary hearing is scheduled for Thursday, Aug. 14.
- Delafield man gets jail for trying to burn down Waukesha home of ex-wife's new boyfriend
- Officials approve Carroll University's plan to buy, use historic Waukesha home
- Service area reduced for Waukesha's water diversion application (4)
- Long-term construction project on Moreland Boulevard in Waukesha begins
- Waukesha panel delays decision on proposed development at Gasthaus site (1)
- Police searching for man mistakenly released from Waukesha County Jail
- Just kids from Waukesha County: Joe Schobert, Derek Watt make history in 2016 NFL Draft (2)
- Summit View celebrates Penny Kroening's Teacher of the Year honors
- WWII veteran Alvin Kind receives honorary high school diploma from Waukesha South
- Prison for Waukesha man who groped teenage girl, then threatened her