A 38-year-old Milwaukee man allegedly choked his girlfriend until she passed out in their shared room on July 20, at the Country Springs Hotel.
Jesus Ladwig was charged on Friday, Aug. 1, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with strangulation, disorderly conduct and misdemeanor battery, all domestic abuse offenses, and felony bail jumping.
According to the criminal complaint, Ladwig knocked the victim to the ground and squeezed her throat until she lost consciousness.
The victim told police in the complaint that Ladwig repeatedly threatened to kill her.
"This is what it feels like to die," Ladwig said, according to the complaint.
Ladwig faces up to nearly 13 years in prison and $31,000 in fines if convicted.
His preliminary hearing is scheduled for Thursday, Aug. 14.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- City of Waukesha committee recommends sober server ordinance for bars
- HAWS asking for public support to help seized chinchillas in Waukesha
- Waukesha School Board candidates discuss Common Core, teacher compensation
- Kwik Trip being proposed for city of Waukesha's northwest side
- Taylor's Peoples Park owners sue construction company for sewer lateral damage in downtown Waukesha
- Waukesha man charged for allegedly soliciting illegal sexual encounter
- Oconomowoc man allegedly caught in Waukesha store bathroom with heroin
- Blair House saga in Waukesha continues with latest settlement offer
- 'Columbine' graffiti reference results in extra police presence at Waukesha South High School
- Waukesha joke shop knows the trick to staying in business