A 38-year-old Milwaukee man allegedly choked his girlfriend until she passed out in their shared room on July 20, at the Country Springs Hotel.
Jesus Ladwig was charged on Friday, Aug. 1, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with strangulation, disorderly conduct and misdemeanor battery, all domestic abuse offenses, and felony bail jumping.
According to the criminal complaint, Ladwig knocked the victim to the ground and squeezed her throat until she lost consciousness.
The victim told police in the complaint that Ladwig repeatedly threatened to kill her.
"This is what it feels like to die," Ladwig said, according to the complaint.
Ladwig faces up to nearly 13 years in prison and $31,000 in fines if convicted.
His preliminary hearing is scheduled for Thursday, Aug. 14.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha woman accused of negligence after child in her care is hospitalized
- Waukesha Slender Man stabbing suspects both found competent to proceed
- Site of former Kmart in Waukesha on Sunset Drive will be redeveloped
- Ambulance fees increasing by 5 percent in the city of Waukesha
- Montessori School in Waukesha expanding its campus
- City of Waukesha seeks grant for trail land acquisition
- Waukesha Slender Man stabbing suspects returning to court for competency hearings
- New Salvation Army officers learning Waukesha
- Waukesha STEM students win Young Inventors Challenge at Chicago Toy & Game Fair
- Waukesha Plan Commission shops for better plan for vacant Kmart