A 38-year-old Milwaukee man allegedly choked his girlfriend until she passed out in their shared room on July 20, at the Country Springs Hotel.
Jesus Ladwig was charged on Friday, Aug. 1, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with strangulation, disorderly conduct and misdemeanor battery, all domestic abuse offenses, and felony bail jumping.
According to the criminal complaint, Ladwig knocked the victim to the ground and squeezed her throat until she lost consciousness.
The victim told police in the complaint that Ladwig repeatedly threatened to kill her.
"This is what it feels like to die," Ladwig said, according to the complaint.
Ladwig faces up to nearly 13 years in prison and $31,000 in fines if convicted.
His preliminary hearing is scheduled for Thursday, Aug. 14.
- Greats Lakes panel approves Waukesha water application with conditions
- Construction cuts into major roadways in Waukesha this year
- Ex-Waukesha man accused of reckless homicide in heroin overdose death
- Blair Innovation Flair creates challenges for all to share
- Q&A with Jody Landish, Waukesha schools' new assistant superintendent
- Construction won't stop Waukesha's annual Memorial Day festivities
- Waukesha police report: May 26, 2016 issue
- Sodexo to dismiss 78 employees after losing Waukesha School District contract
- Man flown to hospital after attempted suicide in Waukesha
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Lion King, gallery art and more