A 38-year-old Milwaukee man allegedly choked his girlfriend until she passed out in their shared room on July 20, at the Country Springs Hotel.
Jesus Ladwig was charged on Friday, Aug. 1, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with strangulation, disorderly conduct and misdemeanor battery, all domestic abuse offenses, and felony bail jumping.
According to the criminal complaint, Ladwig knocked the victim to the ground and squeezed her throat until she lost consciousness.
The victim told police in the complaint that Ladwig repeatedly threatened to kill her.
"This is what it feels like to die," Ladwig said, according to the complaint.
Ladwig faces up to nearly 13 years in prison and $31,000 in fines if convicted.
His preliminary hearing is scheduled for Thursday, Aug. 14.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Parade, fireworks highlight Fourth of July festivities in Waukesha
- Committee moves proposed downtown Waukesha apartment forward
- Jury trials scheduled for Waukesha gas station homicide suspects
- Waukesha Police Report: July 2, 2015 issue
- Waukesha woman accused of stabbing boyfriend: 'you mess with me, you get cut'
- Waukesha's water application draws key support
- Top 10 things to do in Waukesha this summer
- Editorial: It's time for the water fights to end
- Several animals die in Waukesha house fire
- Multiple railroad crossings in Waukesha to receive repairs