A 38-year-old Milwaukee man allegedly choked his girlfriend until she passed out in their shared room on July 20, at the Country Springs Hotel.
Jesus Ladwig was charged on Friday, Aug. 1, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with strangulation, disorderly conduct and misdemeanor battery, all domestic abuse offenses, and felony bail jumping.
According to the criminal complaint, Ladwig knocked the victim to the ground and squeezed her throat until she lost consciousness.
The victim told police in the complaint that Ladwig repeatedly threatened to kill her.
"This is what it feels like to die," Ladwig said, according to the complaint.
Ladwig faces up to nearly 13 years in prison and $31,000 in fines if convicted.
His preliminary hearing is scheduled for Thursday, Aug. 14.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ace will no longer be the place in downtown Waukesha (1)
- Editorial: Farewell to Olson's Ace Hardware, a downtown Waukesha landmark
- Waukesha pastor charged with first-degree sexual assault of a child (1)
- Waukesha's garbage and recycling rules change
- Waukesha Police Report: July 30, 2015 issue
- Surveys add to Waukesha alderman's web of public interaction
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Art crawl, Bluesfest, Night Out
- Vacant commercial properties create eyesores in Waukesha
- Waukesha experiences its share of commercial/industrial growth, too
- Rep. Chris Kapenga easily wins District 33 state Senate seat in Waukesha County