A 38-year-old Milwaukee man allegedly choked his girlfriend until she passed out in their shared room on July 20, at the Country Springs Hotel.
Jesus Ladwig was charged on Friday, Aug. 1, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with strangulation, disorderly conduct and misdemeanor battery, all domestic abuse offenses, and felony bail jumping.
According to the criminal complaint, Ladwig knocked the victim to the ground and squeezed her throat until she lost consciousness.
The victim told police in the complaint that Ladwig repeatedly threatened to kill her.
"This is what it feels like to die," Ladwig said, according to the complaint.
Ladwig faces up to nearly 13 years in prison and $31,000 in fines if convicted.
His preliminary hearing is scheduled for Thursday, Aug. 14.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Farmers Market, cancer walk highlight downtown Waukesha events
- Waukesha woman will share personal experience during Riverwalk for Cancer
- Good Harvest Market grows, expands café at new store in Waukesha (1)
- Morgan Geyser's mental health status becomes focal point of case
- Waukesha's water application still flowing uphill (1)
- Elmbrook Humane Society to team with HAWS
- Expenses adding up as seized chinchillas remain at Waukesha animal shelter (4)
- Waukesha police investigating large grass fire
- Wife of former Waukesha County detective pleads guilty to several offenses
- Andy Reiland voted new Waukesha Common Council president