A 38-year-old Milwaukee man allegedly choked his girlfriend until she passed out in their shared room on July 20, at the Country Springs Hotel.
Jesus Ladwig was charged on Friday, Aug. 1, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with strangulation, disorderly conduct and misdemeanor battery, all domestic abuse offenses, and felony bail jumping.
According to the criminal complaint, Ladwig knocked the victim to the ground and squeezed her throat until she lost consciousness.
The victim told police in the complaint that Ladwig repeatedly threatened to kill her.
"This is what it feels like to die," Ladwig said, according to the complaint.
Ladwig faces up to nearly 13 years in prison and $31,000 in fines if convicted.
His preliminary hearing is scheduled for Thursday, Aug. 14.
- Carroll's new Lowry Hall gets final OK from Waukesha Plan Commission
- Summer food service program begins at Waukesha schools
- Woman fined for bringing marijuana to Waukesha court proceeding (2)
- What's next for water: Officials discuss aspects of Waukesha's plan
- Waukesha Plan Commission doesn't bite at proposed doggy day care, cites noise concerns
- Waukesha police report: June 30, 2016 issue
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Fairest of Fair, free movies and more
- Waukesha's water diversion application wins unanimous approval
- Waukesha's iconic Gasthaus restaurant to close this weekend (4)
- Waukesha native's Smart Program Training targets dementia progression