A 38-year-old Milwaukee man allegedly choked his girlfriend until she passed out in their shared room on July 20, at the Country Springs Hotel.
Jesus Ladwig was charged on Friday, Aug. 1, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with strangulation, disorderly conduct and misdemeanor battery, all domestic abuse offenses, and felony bail jumping.
According to the criminal complaint, Ladwig knocked the victim to the ground and squeezed her throat until she lost consciousness.
The victim told police in the complaint that Ladwig repeatedly threatened to kill her.
"This is what it feels like to die," Ladwig said, according to the complaint.
Ladwig faces up to nearly 13 years in prison and $31,000 in fines if convicted.
His preliminary hearing is scheduled for Thursday, Aug. 14.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Woman, 23, identified in fatal crash in Waukesha (1)
- Carroll University receives $1 million donation for research laboratory off campus
- Study considers what's driving downtown Waukesha
- Waukesha's robotics team would receive funding boost from Rep. Adam Neylon's proposed bill
- Waukesha Police Report: Feb. 11, 2016 issue
- Interactive: Panel once again holds fate of ex-Waukesha Fire Chief Jesse Alba (1)
- Couple avoids jail time but loses chinchillas from Waukesha home
- Waukesha's Community Development Department holding neighborhood downtown meetings
- Waukesha Police Report: Feb. 4, 2016 issue
- Water talks flow back into Waukesha