A 38-year-old Milwaukee man allegedly choked his girlfriend until she passed out in their shared room on July 20, at the Country Springs Hotel.
Jesus Ladwig was charged on Friday, Aug. 1, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with strangulation, disorderly conduct and misdemeanor battery, all domestic abuse offenses, and felony bail jumping.
According to the criminal complaint, Ladwig knocked the victim to the ground and squeezed her throat until she lost consciousness.
The victim told police in the complaint that Ladwig repeatedly threatened to kill her.
"This is what it feels like to die," Ladwig said, according to the complaint.
Ladwig faces up to nearly 13 years in prison and $31,000 in fines if convicted.
His preliminary hearing is scheduled for Thursday, Aug. 14.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha Alderman Roger Patton resigns from common council due to poor health
- OSHA cites Waukesha Iron & Metal with 11 violations tied to fatality
- HAWS' expansion in Waukesha will help address space needs
- Lifeway Foods now making kefir at former Golden Guernsey plant in Waukesha
- Waukesha County board rejects senior apartment plan for former Moor Mud Baths Resort site
- Final two Waukesha elementary schools set to receive iPads
- New faces will lead way at many Waukesha schools
- Waukesha Police Report: Sept. 3, 2015 issue
- Waukesha pools closing for the season
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Master gardening, Alzheimer's walk and more