A 38-year-old Milwaukee man allegedly choked his girlfriend until she passed out in their shared room on July 20, at the Country Springs Hotel.
Jesus Ladwig was charged on Friday, Aug. 1, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with strangulation, disorderly conduct and misdemeanor battery, all domestic abuse offenses, and felony bail jumping.
According to the criminal complaint, Ladwig knocked the victim to the ground and squeezed her throat until she lost consciousness.
The victim told police in the complaint that Ladwig repeatedly threatened to kill her.
"This is what it feels like to die," Ladwig said, according to the complaint.
Ladwig faces up to nearly 13 years in prison and $31,000 in fines if convicted.
His preliminary hearing is scheduled for Thursday, Aug. 14.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Blood drive, walk to fight human trafficking, and more
- Village of Brookfield proposal draws out divergent opinions, pro and con, at hearing
- Waukesha stays on the road to updated construction this summer
- One year later, no resolution in Waukesha Slender Man case
- Owners of seized Waukesha chinchillas charged with child and animal neglect
- City officials hope new directional signs to downtown assists in revitalization effort
- Two sex offenders move into same Waukesha apartment building
- Memorial Day recognition includes parade in Waukesha
- Man with criminal past accused of 2013 armed home invasion in Delafield
- Public hearing focuses on would-be village tied to towns of Brookfield and Waukesha (1)