A 38-year-old Milwaukee man allegedly choked his girlfriend until she passed out in their shared room on July 20, at the Country Springs Hotel.
Jesus Ladwig was charged on Friday, Aug. 1, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with strangulation, disorderly conduct and misdemeanor battery, all domestic abuse offenses, and felony bail jumping.
According to the criminal complaint, Ladwig knocked the victim to the ground and squeezed her throat until she lost consciousness.
The victim told police in the complaint that Ladwig repeatedly threatened to kill her.
"This is what it feels like to die," Ladwig said, according to the complaint.
Ladwig faces up to nearly 13 years in prison and $31,000 in fines if convicted.
His preliminary hearing is scheduled for Thursday, Aug. 14.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Plowshare's latest fall fashion show in Waukesha goes decisively global
- Wisconsin Feargrounds scares up another attraction in Waukesha
- Waukesha files lawsuit against condo developer
- Waukesha woman charged with fourth OWI offense after striking bus
- District: 'inappropriate image wasn't taken with school iPad,' but police say device part of investigation
- Waukesha Reads program is under way
- Lowell Elementary School goes on lockdown after intruder assaults three people
- Waukesha Mayor Shawn Reilly powers up effort to save lost GE jobs (1)
- Former Waukesha pastor charged with sexual assault pleads not guilty
- Sex assault charges the latest filed against Hartland man