Call for entries for County art contest
Entries are being accepted for the 47th annual Waukesha County Courthouse Purchase Award Art Contest.
The contest, which is open to any Waukesha County amateur artist 18 years and older, is held by the Waukesha Creative Arts League in conjunction with the Waukesha County Courthouse.
There will be $625 worth of prize money awarded plus prizes for People's Choice and Fellow Artist Award. Entry deadline is Sept. 20.
Artwork drop off at the Waukesha County Courthouse, 515 W. Moreland Blvd. in Waukesha is Oct. 1.
The art show runs for the entire month of October in their art gallery.
An artist reception will be held on Wednesday, Oct. 9.
Winners will be announced October 17th. Artwork pickup is Oct. 20.
For entry form and additional details of the contest, email the coordinator Jan Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UW-Waukesha hires assistant dean
The University of Wisconsin-Waukesha has hired Courtney Trice as its new assistant dean for student affairs.
Trice, who has been employed by UW-Waukesha since September 2005, had served in the position in an interim role since the retirement of Barbara Kauth in August 2012.
She formerly served as the coordinator of advising and orientation at UW-Waukesha. In that role, she worked with the student development team to successfully revamp the college's registration sessions and new student orientation programming, and implemented an adviser of the year award for UW-Waukesha's faculty advising program.
Trice earned her bachelor's in educational policy and community studies at UWM and went on to earn her master of education, emphasis college student personnel, at Marquette University.
She lives in her native Milwaukee with her husband and two sons, ages 7 and 9.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Longtime Waukesha city attorney Curt Meitz won't run for re-election
- Waukesha man pleads guilty, gets life sentence for triple homicide
- Waukesha man charged in motorcyclist's death
- Police Report: Dec. 5
- Donations help Hope Center's clients stay warm
- Women's Center gets $4,000 Packers grant
- Art Crawl, Santa Run highlight holiday weekend in downtown Waukesha
- Hardees shuts down well before its lease expired
- Final suspect in shooting near Waukesha Woodman's turns himself in
- Food drives creating lasting bonds for Waukesha neighborhoods