Thiesfeldt, Farrow slate Common Core Hearings
State Representative Jeremy Thiesfeldt (R-Fond du Lac) and State Senator Paul Farrow (R-Pewaukee) announced four joint Assembly and Senate Special Select Committee on Common Core Standards hearing around the state.
The first hearing is from noon to 8 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 3 in room 417 North of the Wisconsin State Capitol. Other hearings include are in Fond du Lac, Eau Claire and Wausau.
Hearings will include invited speakers and public comments. If you can't attend, proceedings will be broadcast over Wisconsin Eye.
"These hearings are to provide an opportunity for the public to bring input to the legislature concerning how our children will be prepared for the future," stated Farrow.
For more information on the upcoming hearings or if you would like to submit testimony to the Assembly and Senate Committees, contact Sen. Farrow's office at (608) 266-9174.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Female driver crashes vehicle into Waukesha Memorial Hospital
- Longtime Waukesha city attorney Curt Meitz won't run for re-election
- Waukesha man pleads guilty, gets life sentence for triple homicide
- Waukesha man charged in motorcyclist's death
- Police Report: Dec. 5
- Donations help Hope Center's clients stay warm
- Women's Center gets $4,000 Packers grant
- Art Crawl, Santa Run highlight holiday weekend in downtown Waukesha
- Hardees shuts down well before its lease expired
- Final suspect in shooting near Waukesha Woodman's turns himself in