The margin of victory was a little less this time, but for Rep. David Craig (R-Town of Vernon) the result was the same: A significant victory over Jim Brownlow (D-Muskego).
Craig, who defeated Brownlow with 74 percent of the vote in a special election last year, won with 70 percent in Tuesday's General Election for the Assembly District 83 seat that covers Racine, Walworth and Waukesha counties, including parts of the Town of Waukesha.
Craig garnered 23,004 votes compared to Brownlow's 9,956.
In the Town of Waukesha (Wards 7, 9-11 and 12) Craig received 1,497 votes, 75.5 percent of the vote.
Brownlow, on the other hand, had only 486 in the town.
- 2016 Waukesha County Fair coverage
- Our Fair Ladies Blog: Video: Crafting and animal races at the Waukesha County Fair
- Outstanding fees could prevent students from graduation ceremonies
- Studio time gives students opportunity to create
- Stay cool at Hebron House and Jeremy Safe Haven
- Waukesha Salvation Army offering cool place to stay in light of impending heat wave
- Crest owner brings Irish flavor to new venture in downtown Waukesha
- Funeral Services: July 21, 2016 issue
- Complaint: Waukesha woman, drunk, grabbed gun following phone dispute
- Waukesha police report: July 21, 2016 issue