District 11, which represents constituents in the downtown area, has the most challengers of any of the 10 districts having an election this spring.
And as a way to get to know these candidates, there will be two public forums coming up.
Five individuals - including incumbent Roger Patton - will be on hand at 3 p.m. Jan. 27 at the East Terrace Apartments, 801 East Ave., and at 7 p.m. Jan. 28 at Avalon Square, 222 Park Place.
During these forums, the five will present their backgrounds and offer their views on issues related to the City of Waukesha and the district.
The candidates for District 11 are Patton, Tyler Hoffman Sr., Lenny Miller, James Cowee and Kyle Villarreal Sr.
Miller lost to Patton in the 2010 election.
There will be a moderator and questions will be submitted in writing during the candidates' time frame and will be asked by the moderator after they are all done speaking.
The Spring Primary is Feb. 19 and the General Election is April 2.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha pools closing for the season
- Waukesha woman accused of striking children, husband after night of drinking
- It was a twister in Waukesha, after all, National Weather Service says
- Waukesha's La Casa de Esperanza opens its new charter school
- Trial date set in Slender Man case in Waukesha (1)
- Waukesha Community Briefs: HAWS collection drive, Dialogue Initiative and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Aug. 27, 2015 issue
- Waukesha Catholic schools make a welcoming Choice in revised voucher program
- Homeless Waukesha man charged with battering woman (1)
- Waukesha again seeks public's assistance in funding downtown holiday lights