District 11, which represents constituents in the downtown area, has the most challengers of any of the 10 districts having an election this spring.
And as a way to get to know these candidates, there will be two public forums coming up.
Five individuals - including incumbent Roger Patton - will be on hand at 3 p.m. Jan. 27 at the East Terrace Apartments, 801 East Ave., and at 7 p.m. Jan. 28 at Avalon Square, 222 Park Place.
During these forums, the five will present their backgrounds and offer their views on issues related to the City of Waukesha and the district.
The candidates for District 11 are Patton, Tyler Hoffman Sr., Lenny Miller, James Cowee and Kyle Villarreal Sr.
Miller lost to Patton in the 2010 election.
There will be a moderator and questions will be submitted in writing during the candidates' time frame and will be asked by the moderator after they are all done speaking.
The Spring Primary is Feb. 19 and the General Election is April 2.
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Plants sale, 'Gypsy' auditions and more
- Waukesha police report: June 2, 2016 issue
- Farmer's Daughter Collection in Waukesha makes cultural connection
- Allô! Chocolat owners seek sweet deal for downtown Waukesha business
- Waukesha School District lauds change in food service provider
- Retzer Nature Center locked down May 25 due to attempted suicide
- Reconstruction of Tenny Avenue in Waukesha prompts short-term closure of nearby intersection
- Funeral services: May 26, 2016 issue
- Ex-Waukesha man accused of reckless homicide in heroin overdose death
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Lion King, gallery art and more