District 11, which represents constituents in the downtown area, has the most challengers of any of the 10 districts having an election this spring.
And as a way to get to know these candidates, there will be two public forums coming up.
Five individuals - including incumbent Roger Patton - will be on hand at 3 p.m. Jan. 27 at the East Terrace Apartments, 801 East Ave., and at 7 p.m. Jan. 28 at Avalon Square, 222 Park Place.
During these forums, the five will present their backgrounds and offer their views on issues related to the City of Waukesha and the district.
The candidates for District 11 are Patton, Tyler Hoffman Sr., Lenny Miller, James Cowee and Kyle Villarreal Sr.
Miller lost to Patton in the 2010 election.
There will be a moderator and questions will be submitted in writing during the candidates' time frame and will be asked by the moderator after they are all done speaking.
The Spring Primary is Feb. 19 and the General Election is April 2.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Suspects from Hartland, Oconomowoc charged for their alleged roles in robbery of Waukesha bank
- Sprizzo Gallery Caffé closes in downtown Waukesha
- Senior housing now part of plan for Fox Head Residences in Waukesha
- Waukesha Community Briefs: UW-W drama, Gaelic library events and more
- Waukesha Police Report: March 5, 2015 issue
- Waukesha man accused of sexually assaulting his 17-year-old cousin
- Waukesha man reportedly robbed gas station after 'giving up on life'
- Waukesha woman accused of killing a 2-year-old girl gets trial date
- Attorneys in Slender Man stabbing case make final plea in effort to reclassify offense
- UW-Waukesha's 'Wings' opens Friday