District 11, which represents constituents in the downtown area, has the most challengers of any of the 10 districts having an election this spring.
And as a way to get to know these candidates, there will be two public forums coming up.
Five individuals - including incumbent Roger Patton - will be on hand at 3 p.m. Jan. 27 at the East Terrace Apartments, 801 East Ave., and at 7 p.m. Jan. 28 at Avalon Square, 222 Park Place.
During these forums, the five will present their backgrounds and offer their views on issues related to the City of Waukesha and the district.
The candidates for District 11 are Patton, Tyler Hoffman Sr., Lenny Miller, James Cowee and Kyle Villarreal Sr.
Miller lost to Patton in the 2010 election.
There will be a moderator and questions will be submitted in writing during the candidates' time frame and will be asked by the moderator after they are all done speaking.
The Spring Primary is Feb. 19 and the General Election is April 2.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Plan tosses in new ideas in garbage collection in Waukesha
- Two more Waukesha-area forums focus on District 97 state race
- Community briefs: July 31, 2014 issue
- Controversial book will remain in Waukesha School District's libraries
- One will emerge from crowded GOP field for District 97 assembly seat
- Waukesha Police Report: July 31, 2014 issue
- Waukesha man accused of possessing a large amount of child pornography
- Waukesha police respond to couple fighting after an alleged argument over dance music at Salty Toad
- 'Loud political conversation' brings police to Waukesha residence
- Waukesha man accused of child sex assault for groping 12-year-old girls