District 11, which represents constituents in the downtown area, has the most challengers of any of the 10 districts having an election this spring.
And as a way to get to know these candidates, there will be two public forums coming up.
Five individuals - including incumbent Roger Patton - will be on hand at 3 p.m. Jan. 27 at the East Terrace Apartments, 801 East Ave., and at 7 p.m. Jan. 28 at Avalon Square, 222 Park Place.
During these forums, the five will present their backgrounds and offer their views on issues related to the City of Waukesha and the district.
The candidates for District 11 are Patton, Tyler Hoffman Sr., Lenny Miller, James Cowee and Kyle Villarreal Sr.
Miller lost to Patton in the 2010 election.
There will be a moderator and questions will be submitted in writing during the candidates' time frame and will be asked by the moderator after they are all done speaking.
The Spring Primary is Feb. 19 and the General Election is April 2.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- City of Waukesha will wait on potentially hiring a consultant to rebrand its downtown until next month
- West Allis man charged with mutilation in Waukesha at center of legal battle
- Waukesha GuitarTown gives $36,000 to local organizations
- Waukesha North grad celebrates fifth year at Liberty Dance Center
- Town of Waukesha sees two on ballot in 2014
- Police Report: Dec. 19
- Police Report: Dec. 12
- Former Waukesha Fire Chief Jesse Alba's appeal will most likely wait until 2014
- Waukesha County wants data before supporting stadium tax
- A 'mayor's dozen' get keys to the city in Waukesha