Drug addict charged with "car shopping" at elementary school
Man could face 27 years in prison for theft, burglary
A 19-year-old Waukesha man was charged Tuesday with allegedly stealing items from cars parked at Summit View Elementary School. He was arrested March 25 breaking into his parents' house, at 2019 Norton Ave.
Sean M. Litzau was charged July 16 with two counts burglary of a building and three counts misdemeanor theft. He could face more than 27 years in prison and $80,000 in fines if convicted.
According to the criminal complaint:
Waukesha City Police were dispatched Feb. 19 to Summit View Elementary School, 2100 Summit Ave., after receiving reports of a theft.
The Zipfels reported on March 19 that their home had been burglarized, with almost $4,000 in electronics and jewelry stolen. The Zipfels said they suspected their son was the culprit.
Kristine Bennett reported March 21 she had caught a man breaking into her car at the school. The man escaped with several items, including Bennett's iPod and GPS navigation unit.
Four days later, police were again dispatched to the Zipfel home on reports of a robbery in progress. Litzau was arrested exiting the house from a rear window with a garbage bag. Police found in his vehicle the iPod stolen from Bennett, as well as two GPS units.
Litzau admitted to the crimes saying he did it to feed a drug habit.
His preliminary hearing is Sept. 6.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Incumbents retain seats in close Waukesha School Board race
- Waukesha School Board candidates discuss Common Core, teacher compensation
- Waukesha School Board race is crowded this spring
- More iPads, time changes highlight start of school year in Waukesha
- 'Looking for Alaska' will remain in Waukesha School District's libraries
- Joseph Como elected new Waukesha School Board president
- Timing is everything in Waukesha's new school schedules
- School Briefs 04/03/14
- O'Bryan chosen as new Waukesha School Board member
- Cold weather forces Waukesha School District to make up three days
- SC Waukesha negotiating partnership to give district $600,000 for turf project
- No challengers once again for Waukesha School Board
- Salary increases approved for Waukesha School Board, superintendent
- Waukesha School District sells Oakdale Drive parcel to city
- Waukesha School Board discussing increasing members' salaries
- School Briefs 10/24/13
- Students to learn about the dangers of texting while driving
- Drug addict charged with "car shopping" at elementary school
- Butler students participate in STEM program
- Waukesha School Board welcomes new leaders