2014 election season in Waukesha underway
Mayoral, city attorney race will have a primary
The deadline to file nomination papers for the spring election was 5 p.m. Tuesday. These are the candidates who have filed for election.
City of Waukesha
· Alderwoman Kathleen Cummings filed a campaign registration statement for the position, but as of Tuesday afternoon did not turn her declaration of candidacy papers in with the signatures needed to run. She ultimately chose not to run.
Andy Reiland (inc.)
Eric Payne, (District 2); Christopher Hernandez, (District 3); Peter Bartels, (District 5); Adam Jankowski, (District 6); Daniel Manion, (District 7); and Steve Johnson, (District 10) are running unopposed.
Joseph Cook (inc.) has no challenger
Town of Waukesha
Joe Banske (inc.)
Incumbent Mike Laska is not seeking re-election
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Controlled DNR burn going on in Waukesha County's Vernon Marsh
- Wife of former Waukesha detective pleads guilty to several offenses
- Judge denies request to have Morgan Geyser transferred to treatment facility
- Expenses adding up as seized chinchillas remain at Waukesha animal shelter (3)
- Update: Waukesha police investigating large grass fire along Fox River Parkway
- Paul Farrow will kick off tree planting program at Moor Downs Golf Course on Arbor Day
- Alderman Andy Reiland selected as new Waukesha Common Council president
- Man convicted of sexually assaulting children years ago released in Waukesha
- Waukesha Mayor Shawn Reilly will give state of the city address
- Germantown Fire Department, Red Cross to provide free smoke detectors to residents following April 1