2014 election season in Waukesha underway
Mayoral, city attorney race will have a primary
The deadline to file nomination papers for the spring election was 5 p.m. Tuesday. These are the candidates who have filed for election.
City of Waukesha
· Alderwoman Kathleen Cummings filed a campaign registration statement for the position, but as of Tuesday afternoon did not turn her declaration of candidacy papers in with the signatures needed to run. She ultimately chose not to run.
Andy Reiland (inc.)
Eric Payne, (District 2); Christopher Hernandez, (District 3); Peter Bartels, (District 5); Adam Jankowski, (District 6); Daniel Manion, (District 7); and Steve Johnson, (District 10) are running unopposed.
Joseph Cook (inc.) has no challenger
Town of Waukesha
Joe Banske (inc.)
Incumbent Mike Laska is not seeking re-election
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha domestic violence investigation turns out to be consensual "rough sex'"
- Waukesha NOW wins four awards in Wisconsin Newspaper Awards contest
- Park approved for River Hills neighborhood on city's southwest side
- Teen charged with selling handgun to minor
- Waukesha DNR employee charged with stealing cash, trail passes
- Waukesha mayoral candidates at odds over city issues
- Town of Waukesha candidate forum still scheduled despite two not attending
- Police Report: March 6
- Expansion at Eaton Cooper Power will create 200 jobs
- Audit questions Waukesha County Museum's future