2014 election season in Waukesha underway
Mayoral, city attorney race will have a primary
The deadline to file nomination papers for the spring election was 5 p.m. Tuesday. These are the candidates who have filed for election.
City of Waukesha
· Alderwoman Kathleen Cummings filed a campaign registration statement for the position, but as of Tuesday afternoon did not turn her declaration of candidacy papers in with the signatures needed to run. She ultimately chose not to run.
Andy Reiland (inc.)
Eric Payne, (District 2); Christopher Hernandez, (District 3); Peter Bartels, (District 5); Adam Jankowski, (District 6); Daniel Manion, (District 7); and Steve Johnson, (District 10) are running unopposed.
Joseph Cook (inc.) has no challenger
Town of Waukesha
Joe Banske (inc.)
Incumbent Mike Laska is not seeking re-election
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Kicker's Pub & Grub owner flees from man with a gun after closing
- Cuddles shop in downtown Waukesha closing its doors
- Waukesha County Executive Dan Vrakas holding virtual Town Hall meeting on Twitter
- Storms do damage once again in Waukesha
- Driving lesson in Waukesha's Prairie Home Cemetery results in police call
- Ideal weather helps boost Waukesha County Fair attendance
- Waukesha stabbing victim receives military Purple Heart
- Shoppes at Fox River gets final approval from Waukesha Plan Commission
- City of Waukesha will have new system for garbage, recycling pickup in 2015
- Two more Waukesha-area forums focus on District 97 state race