A female driver crashed her vehicle through the valet entrance of Waukesha Memorial Hospital Friday afternoon, Lt. Tom Wallschlaeger said.
Wallschlaeger said a call came into the Police Department at 4:07 p.m. indicating a vehicle went through the front entrance of the hospital (on the east side near the parking structure).
He added that the vehicle went partially through the gift shop.
"The vehicle did not stop and went through all the glass," Wallschlaeger said.
The fire department's initial report notes "personal injury" for the female driver but it doesn't indicate any other injuries, he said.
Wallschlaeger said the investigation into the crash is ongoing and didn't have an update on the driver or a cost estimate of the damage. Police initially said alcohol and drugs may not be a factor.
- Unfavorable weather crimps attendance at Waukesha County Fair
- Judge: Prison for Waukesha man who led police on naked, drug-fueled pursuit
- Ex-Kmart site in Waukesha to grow with new freestanding retail building
- Plans for new Mad Rooster Cafe net final approval from Waukesha Plan Commission
- Power outage temporarily closes Waukesha County Courthouse, administrative buildings
- Assembly District 83 candidates agree on taxes, differ on opiate issue
- GOP vice presidential candidate Mike Pence to hold rally at Waukesha County Expo Center
- Waukesha man accused of spitting on, trying to bite police officers
- Waukesha panel OKs La Casa de Esperanza's charter school expansion
- Waukesha planning staff mulling another downtown apartment project