A female driver crashed her vehicle through the valet entrance of Waukesha Memorial Hospital Friday afternoon, Lt. Tom Wallschlaeger said.
Wallschlaeger said a call came into the Police Department at 4:07 p.m. indicating a vehicle went through the front entrance of the hospital (on the east side near the parking structure).
He added that the vehicle went partially through the gift shop.
"The vehicle did not stop and went through all the glass," Wallschlaeger said.
The fire department's initial report notes "personal injury" for the female driver but it doesn't indicate any other injuries, he said.
Wallschlaeger said the investigation into the crash is ongoing and didn't have an update on the driver or a cost estimate of the damage. Police initially said alcohol and drugs may not be a factor.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego man charged with sexually assaulting 12-year-old Waukesha girl
- Former Waukesha County Health and Human Services building has new life
- Shared employee health clinic opening next week in Waukesha
- Funeral Services: Oct. 30, 2014
- Student Notes: Oct. 30, 2014
- On the Move: Oct. 30, 2014
- Man robs victim of iPhone near Waukesha's Fox River Trail
- Waukesha woman allegedly abused, insulted her disabled mother
- Downtown Waukesha holiday lights project comes up short in fundraising efforts
- Big lines expected at the polls in Waukesha