A female driver crashed her vehicle through the valet entrance of Waukesha Memorial Hospital Friday afternoon, Lt. Tom Wallschlaeger said.
Wallschlaeger said a call came into the Police Department at 4:07 p.m. indicating a vehicle went through the front entrance of the hospital (on the east side near the parking structure).
He added that the vehicle went partially through the gift shop.
"The vehicle did not stop and went through all the glass," Wallschlaeger said.
The fire department's initial report notes "personal injury" for the female driver but it doesn't indicate any other injuries, he said.
Wallschlaeger said the investigation into the crash is ongoing and didn't have an update on the driver or a cost estimate of the damage. Police initially said alcohol and drugs may not be a factor.
- Judge: Prison for Waukesha man who groped teenage girl, threatened her to drop charges
- Getaway driver gets eight years in prison for role in Waukesha gas station homicide
- Waukesha Farmers Market set to kickoff 2016 season May 7
- Funeral Services: April 28, 2016 issue
- Longtime local criminal Julio Alvarez gets prison for robbing Waukesha gas station (1)
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Healthy kids, Arbor Day and more
- Waukesha police report: April 28, 2016 issue
- Waukesha West students learn global lessons up close on service trip
- Proposed strip mall, eatery could replace Gasthaus restaurant
- Proposed apartment project for Waukesha County Museum remains stalled