A female driver crashed her vehicle through the valet entrance of Waukesha Memorial Hospital Friday afternoon, Lt. Tom Wallschlaeger said.
Wallschlaeger said a call came into the Police Department at 4:07 p.m. indicating a vehicle went through the front entrance of the hospital (on the east side near the parking structure).
He added that the vehicle went partially through the gift shop.
"The vehicle did not stop and went through all the glass," Wallschlaeger said.
The fire department's initial report notes "personal injury" for the female driver but it doesn't indicate any other injuries, he said.
Wallschlaeger said the investigation into the crash is ongoing and didn't have an update on the driver or a cost estimate of the damage. Police initially said alcohol and drugs may not be a factor.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Habitat for Humanity of Waukesha County opening ReStore in Waukesha
- Gas main break disrupts Waukesha neighborhood, but causes no serious problems
- Man accused of choking woman over Facebook post
- Major gas main break disrupts Waukesha neighborhood
- Waukesha man accused of choking ex-girlfriend over Facebook post
- Carroll student director's effort deals with no small Peanuts in Waukesha play
- Waukesha Police Report: Aug. 28, 2014 issue
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Aug. 28, 2014 issue
- Jackson's Blue Ribbon Pub still closed for 'restaffing' in downtown Waukesha
- Meijer gets final approval from Waukesha Common Council