Fight at Waukesha house party leads to felony charges
Complaint: Man, 40, accused of attacking guest
A 40-year-old man was arrested after he "went hard," allegedly attacking two men over the weekend at a house party on Fairview Avenue in Waukesha.
James J. McCray, 430 Kimberly Drive, No. 26, was charged May 12 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with substantial battery, criminal damage to property and disorderly conduct.
According to the criminal complaint, Waukesha police were dispatched to break up a fight at 9 p.m. Sunday, May 11, at a residence at 410 Fairview Ave.
Officers made contact with Daniel Vasquez, who said in the complaint that McCray had confronted him while drunk and said, "I got my pistol now [expletive], what's up?"
Vasquez and homeowner Daniel Jimenez tried to calm McCray down, but he allegedly punched Vasquez in the jaw, breaking a tooth, the complaint states. He then struck Vasquez in the chest and arm.
The men fled into the house with McCray on their heels, the complaint says. Jimenez told police that McCray tried to kick in a back door but was unsuccessful.
McCray told police in the complaint he "went hard" at Vasquez over a previous feud. He blew a .15 blood-alcohol content on a preliminary breath test and was placed under arrest.
McCray was released May 13 on a $2,500 signature bond, according to court records. He was ordered to have no contact with the witnesses and to avoid alcohol.
A preliminary hearing has been scheduled for Friday, June 13.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New downtown apartment complex part of plan to save Waukesha County Museum
- Waukesha police investigating death of man found on sidewalk
- Waukesha police arrest Associated Bank armed robbery suspects
- Waukesha County Board approves resolution for staff to seek redevelopment proposals on former HHS building
- Waukesha man allegedly involved in shooting incident gets reduced bail
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Home improvement show, pancake fest and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Feb. 26, 2015 issue
- Two masked men rob Associated Bank in Waukesha at gunpoint
- Another wine bar could be coming to downtown Waukesha
- Darrin Malone, final suspect in Waukesha gas station homicide, arrested in Milwaukee