A Waukesha firefighter sustained a minor injury during a house fire on June 24.
The city of Waukesha Fire Department responded to a fire at a two-story home at 2105 Easy Street at about 12:30 p.m., Battalion Chief Scott Purdy said.
Units on the scene found a single-family home, located on the city's northwest side and just east of University of Wisconsin-Waukesha, with moderate smoke coming from the inside.
An active fire was in the living room, but it was contained, Purdy said.
The house sustained moderate to severe smoke damage. The owner was home at the time and met with fire personnel outside the residence.
The cause is still under investigation. Damage was estimated at betweeen $50,000 and $75,000.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha pools closing for the season
- Waukesha woman accused of striking children, husband after night of drinking
- It was a twister in Waukesha, after all, National Weather Service says (1)
- Waukesha's La Casa de Esperanza opens its new charter school
- Trial date set in Slender Man case in Waukesha (1)
- Waukesha Community Briefs: HAWS collection drive, Dialogue Initiative and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Aug. 27, 2015 issue
- Waukesha Catholic schools make a welcoming Choice in revised voucher program
- Homeless Waukesha man charged with battering woman (2)
- Waukesha again seeks public's assistance in funding downtown holiday lights