A Waukesha firefighter sustained a minor injury during a house fire on June 24.
The city of Waukesha Fire Department responded to a fire at a two-story home at 2105 Easy Street at about 12:30 p.m., Battalion Chief Scott Purdy said.
Units on the scene found a single-family home, located on the city's northwest side and just east of University of Wisconsin-Waukesha, with moderate smoke coming from the inside.
An active fire was in the living room, but it was contained, Purdy said.
The house sustained moderate to severe smoke damage. The owner was home at the time and met with fire personnel outside the residence.
The cause is still under investigation. Damage was estimated at betweeen $50,000 and $75,000.
- Carroll University's new Lowry Hall gets final approval from Waukesha Plan Commission
- Waukesha native's Smart Program Training targets dementia progression
- Now You Know: branch collection
- News in Brief: June 23, 2016 issue
- Funeral services: June 23, 2016 issue
- Waukesha's water diversion application wins unanimous approval
- Plea hearing set for Waukesha man accused of pointing unloaded assault rifle at police
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Kitty shower, wordly talk and more
- Waukesha police report: June 23, 2016 issue
- Waukesha's iconic Gasthaus restaurant to close this weekend (4)