A Waukesha firefighter sustained a minor injury during a house fire on June 24.
The city of Waukesha Fire Department responded to a fire at a two-story home at 2105 Easy Street at about 12:30 p.m., Battalion Chief Scott Purdy said.
Units on the scene found a single-family home, located on the city's northwest side and just east of University of Wisconsin-Waukesha, with moderate smoke coming from the inside.
An active fire was in the living room, but it was contained, Purdy said.
The house sustained moderate to severe smoke damage. The owner was home at the time and met with fire personnel outside the residence.
The cause is still under investigation. Damage was estimated at betweeen $50,000 and $75,000.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha Community Briefs: UW-W drama, Gaelic library events and more
- Waukesha Police Report: March 5, 2015 issue
- Waukesha man accused of sexually assaulting his 17-year-old cousin
- Waukesha man reportedly robbed gas station after 'giving up on life'
- Waukesha woman accused of killing a 2-year-old girl gets trial date
- Attorneys in Slender Man stabbing case make final plea in effort to reclassify offense
- UW-Waukesha's 'Wings' opens Friday
- New downtown apartment complex part of plan to save Waukesha County Museum
- Waukesha police investigating death of man found on sidewalk
- Waukesha police arrest Associated Bank armed robbery suspects