A Waukesha firefighter sustained a minor injury during a house fire on June 24.
The city of Waukesha Fire Department responded to a fire at a two-story home at 2105 Easy Street at about 12:30 p.m., Battalion Chief Scott Purdy said.
Units on the scene found a single-family home, located on the city's northwest side and just east of University of Wisconsin-Waukesha, with moderate smoke coming from the inside.
An active fire was in the living room, but it was contained, Purdy said.
The house sustained moderate to severe smoke damage. The owner was home at the time and met with fire personnel outside the residence.
The cause is still under investigation. Damage was estimated at betweeen $50,000 and $75,000.
- Judge: Prison for Waukesha man who groped teenage girl, threatened her to drop charges
- Getaway driver gets eight years in prison for role in Waukesha gas station homicide
- Waukesha Farmers Market set to kickoff 2016 season May 7
- Funeral Services: April 28, 2016 issue
- Longtime local criminal Julio Alvarez gets prison for robbing Waukesha gas station (1)
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Healthy kids, Arbor Day and more
- Waukesha police report: April 28, 2016 issue
- Waukesha West students learn global lessons up close on service trip
- Proposed strip mall, eatery could replace Gasthaus restaurant
- Proposed apartment project for Waukesha County Museum remains stalled