A Waukesha firefighter sustained a minor injury during a house fire on June 24.
The city of Waukesha Fire Department responded to a fire at a two-story home at 2105 Easy Street at about 12:30 p.m., Battalion Chief Scott Purdy said.
Units on the scene found a single-family home, located on the city's northwest side and just east of University of Wisconsin-Waukesha, with moderate smoke coming from the inside.
An active fire was in the living room, but it was contained, Purdy said.
The house sustained moderate to severe smoke damage. The owner was home at the time and met with fire personnel outside the residence.
The cause is still under investigation. Damage was estimated at betweeen $50,000 and $75,000.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha South hosting alumni show
- UW-Waukesha presents classy 'Kiss Me, Kate'
- Waukesha Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Waukesha man accused of suffocating ex-girlfriend twice during dispute
- Brewers' Hank the Dog coming to Waukesha
- Forums for District 97 state assembly race coming up
- Scorpion Trike strikes where it counts for Waukesha design firm
- Weather has slowed down field turf project at Waukesha schools
- City of Waukesha debates how to fill top-level jobs
- Waukesha teenagers charged with felony counts for recent burglaries on southwest side of city