Woman robbed at gunpoint during walk
Greenfield police are seeking a man who assaulted a woman with a gun and robbed her while she was walking the evening of Aug. 4.
According to the Greenfield police report:
A woman who was walking on 92nd Street and Layton Avenue was approached by a man about 11 p.m. Aug. 4. After demanding she turn over all her property to him, the suspect struck her in the head with a silver revolver, took the woman's pink backpack and white purse and ran westbound on Layton Avenue.
The victim suffered a head injury and was taken to St. Luke's Hospital by a Greenfield Fire Department ambulance.
Prior to the incident, the victim said she saw an older black sedan with tinted windows and shiny silver rims driving slowly in the area. The victim told police she believed the suspect may have been searching for possible targets.
Multiple cars broken into at Budget Cinema
Greenfield police are investigating a rash of vehicle break-ins that occurred in a Greenfield parking lot the afternoon of July 30.
Greenfield police dispatch received calls from six victims between 4:05 and 5:20 p.m., who reported a window was smashed on their locked vehicle and in some cases, personal items were stolen while they were parked in the lot at Budget Cinema, 4475 S. 108th St.
Four victims reported items missing from their vehicles. An estimated $1,326 worth of items was taken from the locked vehicles, including umbrellas, flashlights, phone chargers, sunglasses, CDs, cigarettes, baby formula and diapers, a purse and a wallet.
Two vehicle owners reported a window was smashed out on their vehicle, but nothing appeared to be stolen.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Steinhafels distribution center expansion on horizon
- News briefs: New degree path at UW-Waukesha
- Coolidge Avenue apartment owners sue the City of Waukesha
- Funeral Services: Nov. 27, 2014
- Waukesha Business Briefs: Health center lauded, Shorewest honored, more
- Waukesha's Kmart redevelopment could give East Sunset Drive a commercial boost
- Waukesha adjusts timeline for Great Lakes water, won't meet radium-compliance deadline
- Waukesha Police Report: Nov. 27, 2014 issue
- Despite concerns, Waukesha Downtown Business Association will continue to lead farmers market
- Waukesha Community Briefs: HAWS events, holiday events and more