The third GuitarTown celebration begins at 5:30 p.m. Friday, June 6, with a custard social for the student artists and their parents in the grassy lot next to Allô Chocolat, 234 W. Main St.
A tent and stage area will be set up for a welcome ceremony at 6 p.m. Music will be provided by the Les Paul Trio, who will be joined by Earl Slick during one of their sets. Music will then follow at nine stages from 6:30 to 9 p.m. for Friday Night Live, a weekly summer concert series in downtown Waukesha.
The GuitarTown project is done in partnership with Gibson Guitar Corp. and was started two years ago in Waukesha as a way to raise money for local charities and to honor Paul, who was born and is buried in Waukesha.
- Long-term construction project on Moreland Boulevard in Waukesha begins
- Police searching for man mistakenly released from Waukesha County Jail
- Waukesha panel delays decision on proposed development at Gasthaus site
- Waukesha News Briefs: May 5, 2016 issue
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Choral concert, art crawl and more
- Waukesha police report: May 5, 2016 issue
- WWII veteran Alvin Kind receives honorary high school diploma
- Review: Waukesha Civic Theater's 'Annie Get Your Gun' hits the mark
- Just kids from Waukesha County: Joe Schobert, Derek Watt make history in 2016 NFL Draft (2)
- Service area reduced for Waukesha's water diversion application (1)