The third GuitarTown celebration begins at 5:30 p.m. Friday, June 6, with a custard social for the student artists and their parents in the grassy lot next to Allô Chocolat, 234 W. Main St.
A tent and stage area will be set up for a welcome ceremony at 6 p.m. Music will be provided by the Les Paul Trio, who will be joined by Earl Slick during one of their sets. Music will then follow at nine stages from 6:30 to 9 p.m. for Friday Night Live, a weekly summer concert series in downtown Waukesha.
The GuitarTown project is done in partnership with Gibson Guitar Corp. and was started two years ago in Waukesha as a way to raise money for local charities and to honor Paul, who was born and is buried in Waukesha.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha man accused of strangling, hitting his girlfriend
- Wauksha police have suspect in hit-and-run incident
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Sept. 4, 2014 issue
- Ring in the cold: Waukesha Christmas parade planning begins
- Waukesha County exec draws up his five-year plan
- Jackson's Blue Ribbon Pub reopens with mostly new staff in Waukesha
- Waukesha's public schools slip a bit, CMH doesn't in ACT test scores
- Habitat for Humanity's ReStore shop in Waukesha is a good deal for nonprofit, shoppers
- Waukesha couple stays in step with Alzheimer groups
- Waukesha Police Report: Sept. 4, 2014 issue