The third GuitarTown celebration begins at 5:30 p.m. Friday, June 6, with a custard social for the student artists and their parents in the grassy lot next to Allô Chocolat, 234 W. Main St.
A tent and stage area will be set up for a welcome ceremony at 6 p.m. Music will be provided by the Les Paul Trio, who will be joined by Earl Slick during one of their sets. Music will then follow at nine stages from 6:30 to 9 p.m. for Friday Night Live, a weekly summer concert series in downtown Waukesha.
The GuitarTown project is done in partnership with Gibson Guitar Corp. and was started two years ago in Waukesha as a way to raise money for local charities and to honor Paul, who was born and is buried in Waukesha.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Plan tosses in new ideas in garbage collection in Waukesha
- Two more Waukesha-area forums focus on District 97 state race
- Community briefs: July 31, 2014 issue
- Controversial book will remain in Waukesha School District's libraries
- One will emerge from crowded GOP field for District 97 assembly seat
- Waukesha Police Report: July 31, 2014 issue
- Waukesha man accused of possessing a large amount of child pornography
- Waukesha police respond to couple fighting after an alleged argument over dance music at Salty Toad
- 'Loud political conversation' brings police to Waukesha residence
- Waukesha man accused of child sex assault for groping 12-year-old girls