The third GuitarTown celebration begins at 5:30 p.m. Friday, June 6, with a custard social for the student artists and their parents in the grassy lot next to Allô Chocolat, 234 W. Main St.
A tent and stage area will be set up for a welcome ceremony at 6 p.m. Music will be provided by the Les Paul Trio, who will be joined by Earl Slick during one of their sets. Music will then follow at nine stages from 6:30 to 9 p.m. for Friday Night Live, a weekly summer concert series in downtown Waukesha.
The GuitarTown project is done in partnership with Gibson Guitar Corp. and was started two years ago in Waukesha as a way to raise money for local charities and to honor Paul, who was born and is buried in Waukesha.
- Waukesha Meijer supercenter to open Aug. 2
- News in Brief: June 30, 2016 issue
- School briefs: CMH recognition
- Funeral services: June 30, 2016 issue
- Complaint: Waukesha veteran, upset by fireworks, fired rifle into air (3)
- What's next for water: Officials discuss aspects of Waukesha's plan
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Fairest of Fair, free movies and more
- Summer food service program begins at Waukesha schools
- Woman fined for bringing marijuana to Waukesha court proceeding (5)
- Waukesha Plan Commission doesn't bite at proposed doggy day care, cites noise concerns