The third GuitarTown celebration begins at 5:30 p.m. Friday, June 6, with a custard social for the student artists and their parents in the grassy lot next to Allô Chocolat, 234 W. Main St.
A tent and stage area will be set up for a welcome ceremony at 6 p.m. Music will be provided by the Les Paul Trio, who will be joined by Earl Slick during one of their sets. Music will then follow at nine stages from 6:30 to 9 p.m. for Friday Night Live, a weekly summer concert series in downtown Waukesha.
The GuitarTown project is done in partnership with Gibson Guitar Corp. and was started two years ago in Waukesha as a way to raise money for local charities and to honor Paul, who was born and is buried in Waukesha.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Journal Sentinel editorial: Maybe city and town of Brookfields should become one, rather than the town becoming a village
- Bedroom fire causes significant damage to Waukesha home
- The Spoon restaurant near downtown Waukesha closed 'until further notice'
- Fire damages home at Wexford Court in Waukesha
- Waukesha man sentenced to prison for his role in 2014 shooting on Kensington Drive
- Taco John's donates 10 percent of sales to family of Saeed Sharwani
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Grocery tips, eco-friendly workshops and more
- Mom bails out son, drives him to ex-girlfriend's house for confrontation (1)
- Waukesha Police Report: Jan. 29, 2015 issue
- Mia Famiglia bringing Sicilian cooking to downtown Waukesha