The third GuitarTown celebration begins at 5:30 p.m. Friday, June 6, with a custard social for the student artists and their parents in the grassy lot next to Allô Chocolat, 234 W. Main St.
A tent and stage area will be set up for a welcome ceremony at 6 p.m. Music will be provided by the Les Paul Trio, who will be joined by Earl Slick during one of their sets. Music will then follow at nine stages from 6:30 to 9 p.m. for Friday Night Live, a weekly summer concert series in downtown Waukesha.
The GuitarTown project is done in partnership with Gibson Guitar Corp. and was started two years ago in Waukesha as a way to raise money for local charities and to honor Paul, who was born and is buried in Waukesha.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Harp performers, Tribute concert series and more
- Waukesha Police Report: July 2, 2015 issue
- Parade, fireworks highlight Fourth of July festivities in Waukesha
- Top 10 things to do in Waukesha this summer
- Jury trials scheduled for Waukesha gas station homicide suspects
- Committee moves proposed downtown Waukesha apartment forward
- Waukesha's water application draws key support
- St. Mary's holding annual three-day church festival this weekend in Waukesha
- Judge sentences Waukesha woman who beat daughter to probation
- Woman who drove car onto railroad tracks in Waukesha sentenced to jail