The third GuitarTown celebration begins at 5:30 p.m. Friday, June 6, with a custard social for the student artists and their parents in the grassy lot next to Allô Chocolat, 234 W. Main St.
A tent and stage area will be set up for a welcome ceremony at 6 p.m. Music will be provided by the Les Paul Trio, who will be joined by Earl Slick during one of their sets. Music will then follow at nine stages from 6:30 to 9 p.m. for Friday Night Live, a weekly summer concert series in downtown Waukesha.
The GuitarTown project is done in partnership with Gibson Guitar Corp. and was started two years ago in Waukesha as a way to raise money for local charities and to honor Paul, who was born and is buried in Waukesha.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Kwik Trip being proposed for city of Waukesha's northwest side
- Waukesha School Board candidates discuss Common Core, teacher compensation
- The Steaming Cup owners looking to sell downtown coffee shop
- Waukesha man charged for allegedly soliciting illegal sexual encounter
- Oconomowoc man allegedly caught in Waukesha store bathroom with heroin
- Waukesha bicycle shop Cyclesmith closes its doors
- Waukesha Community Briefs: 'Dead Man's Cell Phone,' 'Messiah' performance and more
- Waukesha Police Report: March 26, 2015 issue
- Facial tattoo helps Waukesha police bust armed robbery suspect
- Waukesha joke shop knows the trick to staying in business