The third GuitarTown celebration begins at 5:30 p.m. Friday, June 6, with a custard social for the student artists and their parents in the grassy lot next to Allô Chocolat, 234 W. Main St.
A tent and stage area will be set up for a welcome ceremony at 6 p.m. Music will be provided by the Les Paul Trio, who will be joined by Earl Slick during one of their sets. Music will then follow at nine stages from 6:30 to 9 p.m. for Friday Night Live, a weekly summer concert series in downtown Waukesha.
The GuitarTown project is done in partnership with Gibson Guitar Corp. and was started two years ago in Waukesha as a way to raise money for local charities and to honor Paul, who was born and is buried in Waukesha.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Steinhafels distribution center expansion on horizon
- News briefs: New degree path at UW-Waukesha
- Coolidge Avenue apartment owners sue the City of Waukesha
- Funeral Services: Nov. 27, 2014
- Waukesha Business Briefs: Health center lauded, Shorewest honored, more
- Waukesha's Kmart redevelopment could give East Sunset Drive a commercial boost
- Waukesha adjusts timeline for Great Lakes water, won't meet radium-compliance deadline
- Waukesha Police Report: Nov. 27, 2014 issue
- Despite concerns, Waukesha Downtown Business Association will continue to lead farmers market
- Waukesha Community Briefs: HAWS events, holiday events and more