The third GuitarTown celebration begins at 5:30 p.m. Friday, June 6, with a custard social for the student artists and their parents in the grassy lot next to Allô Chocolat, 234 W. Main St.
A tent and stage area will be set up for a welcome ceremony at 6 p.m. Music will be provided by the Les Paul Trio, who will be joined by Earl Slick during one of their sets. Music will then follow at nine stages from 6:30 to 9 p.m. for Friday Night Live, a weekly summer concert series in downtown Waukesha.
The GuitarTown project is done in partnership with Gibson Guitar Corp. and was started two years ago in Waukesha as a way to raise money for local charities and to honor Paul, who was born and is buried in Waukesha.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha Community Briefs: HAWS events, holiday events and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Nov. 20, 2014 issue
- Complaint: Waukesha man abused, threatened his girlfriend with a knife
- Family of Waukesha parade's grand marshal also has reason to be thankful
- Waukesha holiday tree-lighting ceremony salutes military on Friday
- Armored vehicle not shielded from Waukesha budget debate
- Sen. Paul Farrow announces bid to replace Waukesha County Executive Dan Vrakas
- Burlington's city administrator Kevin Lahner selected to same position in Waukesha
- Waukesha Common Council approves a 2.73 percent tax levy increase for 2015
- Doctor says Waukesha stabbing suspect in Slender Man case now competent to continue