The third GuitarTown celebration begins at 5:30 p.m. Friday, June 6, with a custard social for the student artists and their parents in the grassy lot next to Allô Chocolat, 234 W. Main St.
A tent and stage area will be set up for a welcome ceremony at 6 p.m. Music will be provided by the Les Paul Trio, who will be joined by Earl Slick during one of their sets. Music will then follow at nine stages from 6:30 to 9 p.m. for Friday Night Live, a weekly summer concert series in downtown Waukesha.
The GuitarTown project is done in partnership with Gibson Guitar Corp. and was started two years ago in Waukesha as a way to raise money for local charities and to honor Paul, who was born and is buried in Waukesha.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Woman drives car into Fox River in Waukesha
- Waukesha Police Report: Dec. 3, 2015 issue
- Waukesha NOW wedding announcements: Mulrooney-Bunker, Wiernik-Meyer
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Pecans for sale, dog bucket list and more
- Waukesha News Briefs: Nov. 26, 2015
- Waukesha residents on average will pay $14 less on city portion of tax bill
- Waukesha Police Report: Nov. 26, 2015 issue
- Waukesha Town Board puts Marek housing development plan on hold
- Downtown Waukesha glows under LED snowflakes
- Despite Meijer's request for a change, Waukesha stores must continue to sell liquor in separate area (4)