A week ago today, the Rocky Rococo's on Silvernail Road had its biggest sales day of the year - on Valentine's Day, a holiday more often associated with boxes of chocolates than with boxes of pizza.
That's because every Valentine's Day, Rocky Rococo's stores sell special heart-shaped pizzas.
Valentine's pizza sold this year came in a heart-shaped box with a heart-shaped balloon attached. Prices started at $11.99 for a cheese pizza. Each customer alsoreceived ascratch-off coupon for a future visit.
Last Thursday, the Silvernail restaurant sold somewhere between 270 and 290 heart-shaped pizzas, along with about 35 large pizzas and 10 t o 12 small pizzas, according to assistant manager Rafael Moreno.
On a more typical Thursday night, the business would usually sell anywhere between 12 and 36 full-sized pizzas. Roughly, that means the business sold around 10 times more pizzas than it usually does.
This year, in an effort to manage the craziness, the restaurant limited the number of pre-orders it accepted to 10 per half-hour slot.
The change helped a lot, Moreno said; last year, a lot of orders were running late, as opposed to this year, when only a few pre-order customers had to wait for any length of time.
What do you want to know? Email your questions to email@example.com.
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Plants sale, 'Gypsy' auditions and more
- Waukesha police report: June 2, 2016 issue
- Farmer's Daughter Collection in Waukesha makes cultural connection
- Allô! Chocolat owners seek sweet deal for downtown Waukesha business
- Waukesha School District lauds change in food service provider
- Retzer Nature Center locked down May 25 due to attempted suicide
- Reconstruction of Tenny Avenue in Waukesha prompts short-term closure of nearby intersection
- Funeral services: May 26, 2016 issue
- Ex-Waukesha man accused of reckless homicide in heroin overdose death
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Lion King, gallery art and more