A week ago today, the Rocky Rococo's on Silvernail Road had its biggest sales day of the year - on Valentine's Day, a holiday more often associated with boxes of chocolates than with boxes of pizza.
That's because every Valentine's Day, Rocky Rococo's stores sell special heart-shaped pizzas.
Valentine's pizza sold this year came in a heart-shaped box with a heart-shaped balloon attached. Prices started at $11.99 for a cheese pizza. Each customer alsoreceived ascratch-off coupon for a future visit.
Last Thursday, the Silvernail restaurant sold somewhere between 270 and 290 heart-shaped pizzas, along with about 35 large pizzas and 10 t o 12 small pizzas, according to assistant manager Rafael Moreno.
On a more typical Thursday night, the business would usually sell anywhere between 12 and 36 full-sized pizzas. Roughly, that means the business sold around 10 times more pizzas than it usually does.
This year, in an effort to manage the craziness, the restaurant limited the number of pre-orders it accepted to 10 per half-hour slot.
The change helped a lot, Moreno said; last year, a lot of orders were running late, as opposed to this year, when only a few pre-order customers had to wait for any length of time.
What do you want to know? Email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Lifeway Foods CEO looking forward to future in Waukesha
- Neighbors unite beautifying turf
- Waukesha GuitarTown project shaping up
- Waukesha Memorial Day parade is Monday
- Waukesha STEM Academy names new principal
- More than 342 acres of town land could be annexed into the city
- Police Report: May 23
- Mountain bike trail to open June 1 in Waukesha's Minooka Park (2)
- Fracaro's Lanes in Waukesha celebrates 80th year
- Military-style grenade forced home evacuation