Jackson's Blue Ribbon Pub still closed for 'restaffing' in downtown Waukesha
Copacetic hat store leaves downtown, while Burlap & Lace Marketplace opens its doors
One downtown business is closing this week, while another business that has been closed for a couple of weeks plans on reopening soon.
Jackson's Blue Ribbon Pub, 225 South St., recently closed temporarily due to "staffing issues," a representative from the company's Wauwatosa location said.
Owner Dan Zierath did not return Waukesha Now's calls for comment.
A sign on the front door of Jackson's says the bar/restaurant would be closed for two weeks for "restaffing." The representative reached at the Wauwatosa location did not know when the Waukesha location would reopen.
Jackson's opened across from The Rotunda in downtown about a year ago after the site's former tenant, J. Lotti's bar and restaurant, closed during summer 2013.
In addition to the Waukesha location, Zierath operates a Jackson's Blue Ribbon Pub in Wauwatosa, 11302 W. Bluemound Road, and Milwaukee, 1203 N. 10th St.
Meanwhile, Copacetic, a downtown hat and apparel store at 259 W. Main St., is closing this week, owner Mary Osterman said.
She said there wasn't enough foot traffic to remain in Waukesha.
Osterman will remain open at her Racine store, which she has operated for 10 years. She said there will be a 25 percent sale on the inventory within the Waukesha store until she closes.
Osterman opened the hat store in downtown Waukesha two years ago.
Another business, meanwhile, just opened its doors in downtown Waukesha.
Burlap & Lace Marketplace, 840 N. Grand Ave., opened last month and held its grand opening last weekend.
The store hosts a variety of vendors that specializes in repurposed, upcycled, handmade, vintage and organic items. This includes soaps, candles, lip balm and bath salts. The store also has a coffee bar and hair salon.
The store is open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Man rescued from Dunkin' Donuts Dumpster after falling in while looking for wife's dentures
- Waukesha man accused of repeatedly assaulting 12-year-old boy
- Disgraced former Waukesha County sheriff's lieutenant gets jail time, probation
- Former sheriff's lieutenant gets jail time, probation
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Art crawl, awards lunch, health clinics and more
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- Waukesha man accused of delivering drugs that caused overdose death
- Waukesha Police Report: Oct. 2, 2014 issue
- Waukesha lists curbside pickup and drop-off center times for leaves
- Spooky, isn't it: Halloween season kicks in Waukesha with Wisconsin Feargrounds