Jackson's Blue Ribbon Pub still closed for 'restaffing' in downtown Waukesha
Copacetic hat store leaves downtown, while Burlap & Lace Marketplace opens its doors
One downtown business is closing this week, while another business that has been closed for a couple of weeks plans on reopening soon.
Jackson's Blue Ribbon Pub, 225 South St., recently closed temporarily due to "staffing issues," a representative from the company's Wauwatosa location said.
Owner Dan Zierath did not return Waukesha Now's calls for comment.
A sign on the front door of Jackson's says the bar/restaurant would be closed for two weeks for "restaffing." The representative reached at the Wauwatosa location did not know when the Waukesha location would reopen.
Jackson's opened across from The Rotunda in downtown about a year ago after the site's former tenant, J. Lotti's bar and restaurant, closed during summer 2013.
In addition to the Waukesha location, Zierath operates a Jackson's Blue Ribbon Pub in Wauwatosa, 11302 W. Bluemound Road, and Milwaukee, 1203 N. 10th St.
Meanwhile, Copacetic, a downtown hat and apparel store at 259 W. Main St., is closing this week, owner Mary Osterman said.
She said there wasn't enough foot traffic to remain in Waukesha.
Osterman will remain open at her Racine store, which she has operated for 10 years. She said there will be a 25 percent sale on the inventory within the Waukesha store until she closes.
Osterman opened the hat store in downtown Waukesha two years ago.
Another business, meanwhile, just opened its doors in downtown Waukesha.
Burlap & Lace Marketplace, 840 N. Grand Ave., opened last month and held its grand opening last weekend.
The store hosts a variety of vendors that specializes in repurposed, upcycled, handmade, vintage and organic items. This includes soaps, candles, lip balm and bath salts. The store also has a coffee bar and hair salon.
The store is open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Election 2014: State Assembly District 83 Voter's Guide
- Slender Man stabbing suspect's attorney contesting doctor's ruling that Anissa Weier is competent
- Competency evaluation results for Anissa Weier, one of Slender Man stabbing suspects, will be revealed in court
- Waukesha man charged with threatening and sexually assaulting his wife
- Waukesha man accused of raping his disabled ex-girlfriend
- West Virginia man convicted of stalking terminally-ill teenage Waukesha girl
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Flu shots, concealed carry classes and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- Want to help the Waukesha Police Department? Here's your chance
- Lifeway Foods moving along with renovations at former Golden Guernsey plant in Waukesha