The Waukesha School Board found its new leader.
The board recently elected longtime member Joseph Como to serve as its president.
Como, who joined the school board in 2002, presided over his first board meeting on May 14.
He accepted the board's vote of confidence and promised to maintain what he termed a team effort.
"I'm thankful for (being elected) and in the past we've worked extremely well as a team and as a team it is how we get the work done on the board," Como said. "I look forward to having us agree to disagree at times but still accomplish the most important work to creating the best educational experience that we can provide our students to give them a great future."
Como replaces Dan Warren, who stepped down from his post at the end of 2013 after a long career on the school board. Warren retired to The Villages in central Florida with his wife.
Sue Ettinger, executive assistant for Superintendent Todd Gray, is the board's secretary. Patricia Madden is the board's clerk, Bill Baumgart is the board's treasurer, a position Como previously held, and Barbara Brzenk was once again elected as the board's vice president.
Brzenk had been serving as the interim school board president after Warren stepped down.
- Medina-Roddy finishes first this time in Waukesha School Board race
- Waukesha School Board candidates express views on technology, PTO
- Waukesha police investigating up to 35 students in sexting incident
- In brief: Open enrollment, school volunteers needed, teacher memorialized
- Waukesha School District puts cellphones on hold during school day
- Five vie for three seats in Waukesha School Board race
- Waukesha police: School iPad part of investigation into indecent photo
- Incumbents retain seats in close Waukesha School Board race
- Waukesha School Board candidates discuss Common Core, teacher compensation
- Waukesha School Board race is crowded this spring
- More iPads, time changes highlight start of school year in Waukesha
- 'Looking for Alaska' will remain in Waukesha School District's libraries
- Timing is everything in Waukesha's new school schedules
- School Briefs 04/03/14
- O'Bryan chosen as new Waukesha School Board member
- Cold weather forces Waukesha School District to make up three days
- SC Waukesha negotiating partnership to give district $600,000 for turf project
- No challengers once again for Waukesha School Board
- Salary increases approved for Waukesha School Board, superintendent
- Waukesha School District sells Oakdale Drive parcel to city