A 30-year-old man was accused of drunken driving on Friday in the city of Waukesha, his sixth offense since 2000 and his third offense in five years.
Keith Goodlad, 459 Prospect Ave., Pewaukee, was charged May 30 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with operating a vehicle while intoxicated.
Goodlad faces 20.5 years of imprisonment and $53,000 in fines if convicted. He would also lose his driving privileges for at least two years.
According to the criminal complaint, Goodlad was stopped because he was driving a car with suspended license plates.
The traffic officer observed that Goodlad's eyelids were drooping and that his speech seemed labored, the complaint said. Goodlad failed a field sobriety test and was arrested after officers discovered he was driving with a suspended license in violation of the terms of his bail bond.
Officers found a 32-ounce cup full of beer and some items used for ingesting cocaine during a search of Goodlad's car, the complaint stated.
Goodlad was further arraigned on charges of resisting arrest, bail jumping, possession of drug paraphernalia and driving with a revoked license.
According to court records, Goodlad is being held on a $1,000 cash bond. If released, he would be required to maintain absolute sobriety and is barred from operating a motor vehicle. A court hearing has been scheduled for Wednesday, June 11.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brewers' Hank the Dog comes to Waukesha
- Forums for District 97 state assembly race coming up
- Scorpion Trike strikes where it counts for Waukesha design firm
- Weather has slowed down field turf project at schools
- City of Waukesha debates how to fill top-level jobs
- Waukesha teenagers charged with felony counts for recent burglaries on southwest side of city
- Waukesha County Fair Blog: Fair E-tales: Reporter Megan Sukovich highlights the fair's big events
- Candidate forums coming up for District 97 state assembly, Waukesha County Sheriff's races
- Two more teenagers linked to Waukesha burglaries arrested
- Investigation continues in July 13 plane crash in Waukesha