A 30-year-old man was accused of drunken driving on Friday in the city of Waukesha, his sixth offense since 2000 and his third offense in five years.
Keith Goodlad, 459 Prospect Ave., Pewaukee, was charged May 30 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with operating a vehicle while intoxicated.
Goodlad faces 20.5 years of imprisonment and $53,000 in fines if convicted. He would also lose his driving privileges for at least two years.
According to the criminal complaint, Goodlad was stopped because he was driving a car with suspended license plates.
The traffic officer observed that Goodlad's eyelids were drooping and that his speech seemed labored, the complaint said. Goodlad failed a field sobriety test and was arrested after officers discovered he was driving with a suspended license in violation of the terms of his bail bond.
Officers found a 32-ounce cup full of beer and some items used for ingesting cocaine during a search of Goodlad's car, the complaint stated.
Goodlad was further arraigned on charges of resisting arrest, bail jumping, possession of drug paraphernalia and driving with a revoked license.
According to court records, Goodlad is being held on a $1,000 cash bond. If released, he would be required to maintain absolute sobriety and is barred from operating a motor vehicle. A court hearing has been scheduled for Wednesday, June 11.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In honor of Earth Day, volunteers will be out cleaning downtown Waukesha
- Drug deal gone wrong leads to armed robbery charges against three Waukesha men
- New high school grading system in Waukesha all about clarity
- Waukesha Police Report: April 23, 2015
- Waukesha County Museum's long-term plan goes into motion
- Brian Dorow joins Kapenga in District 33 state Senate race
- Waukesha County Museum redevelopment plan coming before city panel
- 'Suspicious' fire damages Waukesha home overnight
- Attorney requests Slender Man stabbing suspect Morgan Geyser be moved to treatment facility
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Pet adoption drive, mob boss speaker and more