A 30-year-old man was accused of drunken driving on Friday in the city of Waukesha, his sixth offense since 2000 and his third offense in five years.
Keith Goodlad, 459 Prospect Ave., Pewaukee, was charged May 30 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with operating a vehicle while intoxicated.
Goodlad faces 20.5 years of imprisonment and $53,000 in fines if convicted. He would also lose his driving privileges for at least two years.
According to the criminal complaint, Goodlad was stopped because he was driving a car with suspended license plates.
The traffic officer observed that Goodlad's eyelids were drooping and that his speech seemed labored, the complaint said. Goodlad failed a field sobriety test and was arrested after officers discovered he was driving with a suspended license in violation of the terms of his bail bond.
Officers found a 32-ounce cup full of beer and some items used for ingesting cocaine during a search of Goodlad's car, the complaint stated.
Goodlad was further arraigned on charges of resisting arrest, bail jumping, possession of drug paraphernalia and driving with a revoked license.
According to court records, Goodlad is being held on a $1,000 cash bond. If released, he would be required to maintain absolute sobriety and is barred from operating a motor vehicle. A court hearing has been scheduled for Wednesday, June 11.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wings over Waukesha Air Show returns this weekend to Crites Field
- Waukesha man arrested after pointing a gun at another person outside home
- Meijer supercenter receives final approval from Waukesha Common Council
- Waukesha school committee denies parent's request to ban 'The Kite Runner,' 'Chinese Handcuffs'
- Disconnected air hose stops train in its tracks in Waukesha
- Waukesha mom seeks to have two novels banned from schools
- Waukesha man accused of child porn possession
- Waukesha Police Report: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- Home field turf debut delayed for Waukesha South, Waukesha North
- Downtown Waukesha becomes a wee more Irish with Clarke 'pub'