The inaugural Legendsfest, organized by Legends of the Field President and CEO Jim Lindenberg, brought in more than $10,000 in monetary and item donations to benefit The Women's Center.
The event, held Sept. 6 at Naga-Waukee Park in Delafield, brought in monetary donations totaling $7,515, and featured a "Stuff the Bus" campaign that resulted in an estimated $3,000 worth of donated goods.
Attendees at Legendsfest had the opportunity to get autographs from Wisconsin sports legends, including Gilbert Brown, Rollie Fingers, Keith Tozer and Ron Dayne.
"I'm very proud of the fact that we were able to deliver a full bus and a full trailer of items to The Women's Center," said Lindenberg, "and I'm so impressed with all the volunteers who were willing to help us benefit The Women's Center. The event was a great success and a great partnership."
Legends of the Field is a Hartland-based sports memorabilia and marketing company..
As an independent, nonprofit human service agency founded in 1977, The Women's Center provides a wide range of free and comprehensive services designed to address the issues of domestic violence, sexual assault and abuse.
These services include emergency shelter for abused women and their children, transitional living, group and individual counseling, onsite and respite childcare, child abuse prevention programming, legal advocacy and employment counseling.
The Center also provides Hispanic outreach, community education programs, information and referral services, and a 24-hour crisis line.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha police respond to couple fighting after an alleged argument over dance music at Salty Toad
- 'Loud political conversation' brings police to Waukesha residence
- Waukesha man accused of child sex assault for groping 12-year-old girls
- Waukesha County Fair's attendance "one of the best" in its history
- The Shoppes at Fox River coming before Waukesha Plan Commission for final approval
- Waukesha South hosting alumni show
- UW-Waukesha presents classy 'Kiss Me, Kate'
- Waukesha Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Waukesha man accused of suffocating ex-girlfriend twice during dispute
- Brewers' Hank the Dog coming to Waukesha