The inaugural Legendsfest, organized by Legends of the Field President and CEO Jim Lindenberg, brought in more than $10,000 in monetary and item donations to benefit The Women's Center.
The event, held Sept. 6 at Naga-Waukee Park in Delafield, brought in monetary donations totaling $7,515, and featured a "Stuff the Bus" campaign that resulted in an estimated $3,000 worth of donated goods.
Attendees at Legendsfest had the opportunity to get autographs from Wisconsin sports legends, including Gilbert Brown, Rollie Fingers, Keith Tozer and Ron Dayne.
"I'm very proud of the fact that we were able to deliver a full bus and a full trailer of items to The Women's Center," said Lindenberg, "and I'm so impressed with all the volunteers who were willing to help us benefit The Women's Center. The event was a great success and a great partnership."
Legends of the Field is a Hartland-based sports memorabilia and marketing company..
As an independent, nonprofit human service agency founded in 1977, The Women's Center provides a wide range of free and comprehensive services designed to address the issues of domestic violence, sexual assault and abuse.
These services include emergency shelter for abused women and their children, transitional living, group and individual counseling, onsite and respite childcare, child abuse prevention programming, legal advocacy and employment counseling.
The Center also provides Hispanic outreach, community education programs, information and referral services, and a 24-hour crisis line.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Competency evaluation results for Anissa Weier, one of Slender Man stabbing suspects, will be revealed in court
- Waukesha man charged with threatening and sexually assaulting his wife
- Waukesha man accused of raping his disabled ex-girlfriend
- West Virginia man convicted of stalking terminally-ill teenage Waukesha girl
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Flu shots, concealed carry classes and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- Want to help the Waukesha Police Department? Here's your chance
- Lifeway Foods moving along with renovations at former Golden Guernsey plant in Waukesha
- Controversial two-town incorporation remains uncertain and undecided in Waukesha-Brookfield area
- Waukesha North Marching Band captures eighth straight state championship