The Gold Attitude Dance & Poms Team was named the 2013 Junior Lyrical Division Champions at the UDA Milwaukee Regional Championship held Saturday, Dec. 7 at The Wisconsin Center in Milwaukee.
Gold Attitude also placed sixth in Poms.
UDA (Universal Dance Association) is a USASF accredited, national dance competition organization that is part of the Varsity brand. Winning a division at a UDA competition is a high honor for a team that is only in its second year of existence.
The 13 team members attend fifth through eighth grade in the Waukesha School District. Two members, Meghan Rabehl and Nicole Farley, recently participated in the Philadelphia Thanksgiving Parade with the Universal Dance Association, (UDA) Junior All-American Dancers. The girls were selected among around 40 that tried out for the group that was in the parade.
Gold Attitude Director and Choreographer Kim Gilchrist created Gold Attitude Dance & Poms Team after a similar program at Horning Middle School was cut. She said she's proud of the enthusiasm and drive of the team that is just entering its second year.
The team will host a PeeWee Poms Clinic fundraiser from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 21 at the Banting Elementary gym, 2019 Butler Drive. Waukesha School District students in grades K5 through fifth grade are invited. Clinic includes a two-hour practice with the Gold Attitude team to learn a "sideline" routine, T-shirt, set of poms, snack and performance for family and friends. Visit goldattitudewi.wix.com/home
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Driving lesson in Waukesha's Prairie Home Cemetery results in police call
- Ideal weather helps boost Waukesha County Fair attendance
- Waukesha stabbing victim receives military Purple Heart
- Shoppes at Fox River gets final approval from Waukesha Plan Commission
- City of Waukesha will have new system for garbage, recycling pickup in 2015
- Two more Waukesha-area forums focus on District 97 state race
- Community briefs: July 31, 2014 issue
- Controversial book will remain in Waukesha School District's libraries
- One will emerge from crowded GOP field for District 97 assembly seat
- Waukesha Police Report: July 31, 2014 issue