Waukesha - A local man was charged on Jan. 11 with damage to property, disorderly conduct, threatening through a computer message and resisting arrest after allegedly threatening his brother and damaging his car.
Nicholas J. Backler, 25, his brother, Justin Backler and Christian Thieme were returning home after selling video games to Brookfield retailer Mega Media Xchange, according to the criminal complaint. Thieme told police he asked that Nicholas Backler give him the money they made selling the video games, concerned that the defendant would keep the money and spend it on alcohol. Nicholas Backler became irate and was alleged to have made several threats against Thieme, at which point Justin Backler decided to take the defendant home, the complaint reads. Thieme told police he could smell liquor on the defendant's breath.
When they arrived at Nicholas Backler's residence, the defendant began walking away, but was alleged to have turned and kicked the car.
After the incident, Justin Backler alleged that his brother sent him several profanity-laced text messages, telling him he was going to beat him up, according to the complaint.
"I'm sad to say u r the weakest Backler," the defendant was alleged to have written.
Police arrested Nicholas Backler at his house at 410 E. Main St., Apt. 13, on Jan. 10. According to the police complaint, the defendant was alleged to have resisted being placed in the police car and screamed profanities at the arresting officers.
"He stated that he wished officers would take the handcuffs off of him so he could fight each and every one of the officers," the complaint reads.
The defendant was previously charged with resisting arrest in 2010, but the charge was dismissed as part of a plea agreement.
The current charges against the defendant were filed with the Waukesha County Circuit Court. Backler's next expected court date is Jan. 23.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wings over Waukesha Air Show returns this weekend to Crites Field
- Waukesha man arrested after pointing a gun at another person outside home
- Meijer supercenter receives final approval from Waukesha Common Council
- Waukesha school committee denies parent's request to ban 'The Kite Runner,' 'Chinese Handcuffs'
- Disconnected air hose stops train in its tracks in Waukesha
- Waukesha mom seeks to have two novels banned from schools
- Waukesha man accused of child porn possession
- Waukesha Police Report: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- Home field turf debut delayed for Waukesha South, Waukesha North
- Downtown Waukesha becomes a wee more Irish with Clarke 'pub'