Waukesha man sought on drug charges, resisting arrest
Complaint says he wrestled with cops while gripping child
A warrant has been issued for a 25-year-old Waukesha man accused of wrestling with police over possession of his infant child.
Michael Krzyzanek was charged Friday, March 7, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with possession of narcotic drugs, possession of THC (second offense), resisting an officer, possession of amphetamines and possession of a controlled substance.
According to the criminal complaint, Waukesha police were dispatched to Krzyzanek's residence at 112 LaSalle St. in response to a domestic dispute involving a small child.
The officers arrived at the residence and saw a woman standing in the doorway holding the child, the complaint states, but she disappeared back into the house.
The officers entered the home and saw Krzyzanek wrestling with the woman over control of the child. The officers managed to break Krzyzanek's grip on the child, and he was eventually subdued with help from a stun gun.
Police found in his possession a white powder, identified as heroin, and a small bag of marijuana. The officers searched the man's room and found five small bags of heroin, a strip of Suboxone and two 10-milligram amphetamine pills.
Suboxone is an opiate medication often used to treat narcotic drug addiction.
Krzyzanek could face eight years in prison and $40,000 in fines if convicted.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha pools closing for the season
- Waukesha woman accused of striking children, husband after night of drinking
- It was a twister in Waukesha, after all, National Weather Service says (1)
- Waukesha's La Casa de Esperanza opens its new charter school
- Trial date set in Slender Man case in Waukesha (1)
- Waukesha Community Briefs: HAWS collection drive, Dialogue Initiative and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Aug. 27, 2015 issue
- Waukesha Catholic schools make a welcoming Choice in revised voucher program
- Homeless Waukesha man charged with battering woman (2)
- Waukesha again seeks public's assistance in funding downtown holiday lights