Waukesha man sought on drug charges, resisting arrest
Complaint says he wrestled with cops while gripping child
A warrant has been issued for a 25-year-old Waukesha man accused of wrestling with police over possession of his infant child.
Michael Krzyzanek was charged Friday, March 7, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with possession of narcotic drugs, possession of THC (second offense), resisting an officer, possession of amphetamines and possession of a controlled substance.
According to the criminal complaint, Waukesha police were dispatched to Krzyzanek's residence at 112 LaSalle St. in response to a domestic dispute involving a small child.
The officers arrived at the residence and saw a woman standing in the doorway holding the child, the complaint states, but she disappeared back into the house.
The officers entered the home and saw Krzyzanek wrestling with the woman over control of the child. The officers managed to break Krzyzanek's grip on the child, and he was eventually subdued with help from a stun gun.
Police found in his possession a white powder, identified as heroin, and a small bag of marijuana. The officers searched the man's room and found five small bags of heroin, a strip of Suboxone and two 10-milligram amphetamine pills.
Suboxone is an opiate medication often used to treat narcotic drug addiction.
Krzyzanek could face eight years in prison and $40,000 in fines if convicted.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Master Z's founder has moved on from his Waukesha billiard business
- Filing period begins for city, town and school seats in Waukesha
- December events in Waukesha have Christmas in mind — to varying extents
- Alderwoman Joan Francoeur isn't seeking another term
- Waukesha man to serve two years for stealing vehicle belonging to friend's mom
- Other downtown Waukesha apartment project remains at a standstill
- Waukesha County Museum project holds on to more history in revised plan
- Waukesha woman given probation for selling drugs from home
- Woman drives vehicle into Fox River in downtown Waukesha
- Waukesha Police Report: Dec. 3, 2015 issue