One year after having more than 100 vendors, the Waukesha Farmers Market is in search for the next group of vendors for produce, food and arts/crafts for this year's market.
Applications can be found on the vendor's page of the Farmers Market's website, www.waukeshafarmersmarket.com. The application deadline is April 1.
The Farmers Market runs from 8 a.m. to noon Saturdays May 4 to Oct. 26 and is located along the south side of the Fox River by the Riverfront Plaza between Barstow and Madison streets.
For a full-season stall, it's $175; $150 for "peak season," June 22 to Oct. 26; $100 for "off-peak season," May 4 to June 15. Checks can be made payable to Waukesha Downtown Business Association, 234 W. Main St., Suite 1 Waukesha, WI 53186. Stall assignments will be determined by April 15.
This year's market is managed by the WDBA, a private group of downtown business owners.
According to the WDBA, the market averages 2,000 customers per day.
Santa Run successful
Runners got an exercise and helped a good cause in the process.
The Santa Run, an event run by the WDBA through the Silver Bells Program, raised more than $5,000 for The Salvation Army of Waukesha.
Representatives from The Salvation Army received the check at a public presentation Tuesday at Taylors People's Park restaurant in downtown Waukesha.
More than 500 runners, local and out-of-state, took part in this year's run during the holiday season.
The run/walk went through downtown Waukesha and Frame Park.
Co-chairs of the Santa Run Committee were Susie Taylor and Marcia Schneider and committee members included Tia Wethel, Lynda Chmura Stickler, Papa (Joe) Brown and Shay Johnson.
Sponsors for the annual event were First Insurance Solutions, TA graphics, Montecito Ristorante Lounge, The Steaming Cup, Waukesha Youth Football, Carmex, Signs and Lines by Stretch and Celebrations Party Rentals.
Volunteers came from Pewaukee High School's National Honor Society Club, Waukesha South High School Poms, Waukesha Youth Football and People's Park staff members.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Blodgett story told, Mother of All Art Crawls and more
- Waukesha Police Report: April 30, 2015 issue
- Waukesha woman allowed contact with teen daughter in child abuse case
- Waukesha police investigating large grass fire
- Waukesha's annual brush pickup begins May 4
- Farmers Market, cancer walk highlight downtown events
- Waukesha will honor Les Paul's 100th birthday with many events
- Germantown Fire Department, Red Cross provide free smoke detectors following fatal fire
- Waukesha's water application still flowing uphill
- Controlled DNR burn going on in Waukesha County's Vernon Marsh