Mayor recommends another alderman to BID Board
After Patton's denial, Skinner considered
One alderman was denied, so Mayor Jeff Scrima tried again.
Alderman Vance Skinner was the choice this time to become the eighth member of the ever-evolving downtown Waukesha Business Improvement District Board.
The recommendation, which was taken up at Tuesday night's Common Council meeting, comes two weeks after the council rejected the appointment of Alderman Roger Patton.
Patton, the District 11 alderman, representsconstituents in downtown Waukesha.
But many of the council members voted against him because he was one of 11 BID Board members who resigned from the board in September.
Skinner represents District 8 and recently opened up a Maid-Rite diner in Waukesha.
Council members had asked the mayor,throughout the last two months, to recommend more aldermen to the BID Board and that his lack of options has been holding up the process. The mayor, however, accused the council of holding up the process by not accepting his nominations.
Nevertheless, the BID Board is now active after two months of not having enough members to conduct business.
Before Tuesday night, the BID Board consisted of Sandy Cianciolo, owner of Mia's Italian Restaurant, Natalie Walters, of Waukesha State Bank, Bill Huelsman of Berg Management, Jim Taylor of Taylors People's Park, City Administrator Ed Henschel, Nick Martinez, a downtown attorney, and Ron Lostetter, Carroll University's chief financial officer.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Halloween programs, playground celebration, and more
- Waukesha Reads program continues: Oct. 15-21 events
- Waukesha Mayor Shawn Reilly urges Congress to reauthorize Ex-Im Bank
- Patton remembered for his service to Waukesha
- Waukesha teenager taken down after allegedly stealing from vehicles
- Fall leaf pickup to begin in Waukesha
- Panos building goes to auction, Ace goes on the market in Waukesha
- Former Waukesha Alderman Roger Patton dies
- Waukesha Police Report: Oct. 15, 2015 issue
- Mama D's Coffee open in former Spoon site