Milio's Sandwiches in Waukesha closes its doors
Company doesn't renew lease on Moreland Blvd.
Those who love Milio's Sandwiches will have to find a new local sub shop as it closed its Waukesha and Wauwatosa locations last week.
"We're closing two locations due to the leases expiring," said a Milio's corporate officer, who declined to be named.
The two locations were at 2110 E. Moreland Blvd. in Waukesha and 10600 W. Bluemound Road in Wauwatosa.
The Milio's representative said after the leases expired this year, the company chose to look elsewhere.
"We don't think they were great sites for us," the representative said three days after those locations closed.
Milio's was at its Waukesha and Wauwatosa locations for at least five years, the representative said.
Although it has closed other shops in the Milwaukee area, the representative said the Madison-based company could still open new stores in this area in the future.
The sub shop, formerly known as Big Mike's, has 25 corporate shops and 18 franchised shops across the Midwest with a majority in the Madison area.
Besides Wisconsin, shops are also in Minnesota, Iowa and Nebraska.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Longtime City of Waukesha attorney Curt Meitz won't run for re-election
- Waukesha man pleads guilty, gets life sentence for triple homicide
- Waukesha man charged in motorcyclist's death
- Police Report: Dec. 5
- Donations help Hope Center's clients stay warm
- Women's Center gets $4,000 Packers grant
- Art Crawl, Santa Run highlight holiday weekend in downtown Waukesha
- Hardees shuts down well before its lease expired
- Final suspect in shooting near Waukesha Woodman's turns himself in
- Food drives creating lasting bonds for Waukesha neighborhoods