Missing Waukesha girl found in central Wisconsin
Police say it was a pre-planned runaway
A 13-year-old Waukesha girl who was missing for three days last week, returned safely to her family on Saturday, April 19.
As of Monday, the motives for Robin Cardoso departing from her family are still under investigation, said Lt. Joe Hendricks of the Waukesha Police Department's Criminal Investigation Division.
The Waukesha Police Department sent out a news release on Friday saying the girl's parents had been collaborating with police on finding Cardoso, who had been missing since April 16.
The release said early indications suggested Cardoso used social media to execute the pre-planned runaway.
Police contacted Cardoso on Friday afternoon via social media and Hendricks said she was in good spirits.
Foul play was not suspected, Hendricks said.
A day later, with the help of investigators, Cardoso was brought back to Waukesha from another community in central Wisconsin, Hendricks said. He did not say what community the girl was in or who the girl was with during her time away.
He added that the Waukesha Police Department thanks the community for their vigilance in assisting in this matter.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Zombie walk, trick-or-treating this weekend in downtown Waukesha
- Election 2014: State Assembly District 83 Voter's Guide
- Slender Man stabbing suspect's attorney contesting doctor's ruling that Anissa Weier is competent
- Competency evaluation results for Anissa Weier, one of Slender Man stabbing suspects, will be revealed in court
- Waukesha man charged with threatening and sexually assaulting his wife
- Waukesha man accused of raping his disabled ex-girlfriend
- West Virginia man convicted of stalking terminally-ill teenage Waukesha girl
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Flu shots, concealed carry classes and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- Want to help the Waukesha Police Department? Here's your chance