When the doors open on a new school year next week, many students will see new leaders roaming the halls.
Some are new to the district; others simply switched roles or received promotions.
Waukesha School District Superintendent Todd Gray will have a new colleague as Ryan Krohn has stepped into the position as the assistant superintendent for curriculum and instruction/educational accountability, replacing Dana Monogue, who left the district to become the assistant superintendent for educational services with Elmbrook Schools.
Krohn was previously the principal at Waukesha STEM Academy's Saratoga Campus.
Like Waukesha West did last year when it welcomed a new principal in David Towers, Waukesha South will have a new leader in charge after Mike Nowak left to become the principal at Franklin.
But unlike Towers, who came from outside the district, South looked to a familiar face in its hire. Timothy Joynt, the previous assistant principal at South, is now the principal. Joynt is also still the administrator at the Waukesha Engineering Preparatory Academy, which operates out of Waukesha South High School. Lisa Stardy, formerly with Milwaukee Public Schools, replaces Joynt as the assistant principal.
Rebecca Newcomer has switched roles from the district's humanities coordinator (grades 7 through 12 - English, social studies and world languages) to the assistant principal's position at Waukesha North High School. She replaces Kirk Woosencraft, who is now an assistant principal at Horning Middle School.
Mitch Weber and Bob Blessington have also switched roles at North. Weber, formerly just an assistant principal at North, is now an assistant principal and the athletic director. Blessington has stepped down from his athletic director duties and is now just an assistant principal.
Steve Fisher replaces Sharon Thiede as an assistant principal at Waukesha West. Fischer was previously the fine arts coordinator (K through 12). Thiede is now the director of student services at the Harvey Philip Alternative High School in Waukesha. Kyle LeMieux, a former North physical education teacher, replaces Todd Hencsik, who left for a principal's job in northern Illinois, as the athletic director/assistant principal.
Two of the three middle school teachers are also new for the 2012-13 school year.
Butler Middle School will have a new principal and assistant principal. Jason Sadowski, who comes from the West Allis-West Milwaukee School District, replaces Tony DeRosa. And Alan Busch, a former dean at Butler, replaces Chvala Brown, as the assistant principal.
At Central, Rob Bennett, a former instructionalresource teacher and eighth-grade history teacher, is the new principal there.
The elementary schools will also see some changes. Stacy McCoy, formerly the Hadfield principal, has moved to Heyer, replacing Michael Sukawaty. Grace Hess replaces McCoy at Hadfield. Hess was previously the principal at White Rock, the district's main bilingual education center that closed at the end of the 2011-12 school year.
Debbie Wells, the former supervisor of early childhood (birth to 4K), is the new building administrator for that center.
The STEM Academy's Saratoga Campus, which serves middle school students, replaces Krohn with Michael Leach as its principal. Leach was previously the principal at Wilson Elementary School and the Wauwatosa STEM School in the Wauwatosa School District.
Deirdre Garcia will become the district's director of bilingual services, a new position within the district. She previously worked for MPS.
- School briefs: CMH recognition
- Medina-Roddy finishes first this time in Waukesha School Board race
- Waukesha School Board candidates express views on technology, PTO
- Waukesha police investigating up to 35 students in sexting incident
- In brief: Open enrollment, school volunteers needed, teacher memorialized
- Waukesha School District puts cellphones on hold during school day
- Five vie for three seats in Waukesha School Board race
- Waukesha police: School iPad part of investigation into indecent photo
- Incumbents retain seats in close Waukesha School Board race
- Waukesha School Board candidates discuss Common Core, teacher compensation
- Waukesha School Board race is crowded this spring
- More iPads, time changes highlight start of school year in Waukesha
- 'Looking for Alaska' will remain in Waukesha School District's libraries
- Joseph Como elected new Waukesha School Board president
- Timing is everything in Waukesha's new school schedules
- School Briefs 04/03/14
- O'Bryan chosen as new Waukesha School Board member
- Cold weather forces Waukesha School District to make up three days
- SC Waukesha negotiating partnership to give district $600,000 for turf project
- No challengers once again for Waukesha School Board