Frozen yogurt shop, YMCA coming to Carroll University's Frontier Hall
Stores to open in December
Catherine Huelsman, general manager of Berg Management in Waukesha, said the retail spaces in Frontier Hall, a residence hall that opened at Carroll University last year, are beginning to fill up quite nicely.
She said Berry Me Frozen Yogurt and Café is expected to have a soft open in the middle of December and a convenience store will also open at that time. Huelsman said the combined square footage for the two shops is about 2,500 square feet.
Huelsman also said a 5,000-square-foot YMCA facility will be built on the north side of the building and a soft open is scheduled for the beginning of December.
She added that all three businesses will be fully complete by the end of the year or at the beginning of 2013.
When these businesses open, it will join Au Bon Pain, a café and bakery that opened at the start of the 2011-12 school year, inside Frontier Hall.
And with these new developments, Huelsman said Frontier Hall has just one more retail vacancy that is about 740 square feet that could fit a small sub shop or tanning salon, among others.
Huelsman said the YMCA and retail shops are open to students and the public.
Frontier Hall, a coed four-story apartment-style residential community, is located on the corner of Grand and College, 210 N. Grand Ave., adjacent to the Carroll University campus.
At a glance
What: Retail shops at Frontier Hall
Where: Corner of Grand and College avenues, adjacent to the Carroll University campus
When: Opening in December
Berry Me Frozen Yogurt and Café
Au Bon Pain café and bakery (already open)
One space open
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New downtown apartment complex part of plan to save Waukesha County Museum
- Waukesha police investigating death of man found on sidewalk
- Waukesha police arrest Associated Bank armed robbery suspects
- Waukesha County Board gives staff go-ahead to seek redevelopment proposals on old HHS building
- Waukesha man allegedly involved in shooting incident gets reduced bail
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Home improvement show, pancake fest and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Feb. 26, 2015 issue
- Two masked men rob Associated Bank in Waukesha at gunpoint
- Another wine bar could be coming to downtown Waukesha
- Darrin Malone, final suspect in Waukesha gas station homicide, arrested in Milwaukee