Frozen yogurt shop, YMCA coming to Carroll University's Frontier Hall
Stores to open in December
Catherine Huelsman, general manager of Berg Management in Waukesha, said the retail spaces in Frontier Hall, a residence hall that opened at Carroll University last year, are beginning to fill up quite nicely.
She said Berry Me Frozen Yogurt and Café is expected to have a soft open in the middle of December and a convenience store will also open at that time. Huelsman said the combined square footage for the two shops is about 2,500 square feet.
Huelsman also said a 5,000-square-foot YMCA facility will be built on the north side of the building and a soft open is scheduled for the beginning of December.
She added that all three businesses will be fully complete by the end of the year or at the beginning of 2013.
When these businesses open, it will join Au Bon Pain, a café and bakery that opened at the start of the 2011-12 school year, inside Frontier Hall.
And with these new developments, Huelsman said Frontier Hall has just one more retail vacancy that is about 740 square feet that could fit a small sub shop or tanning salon, among others.
Huelsman said the YMCA and retail shops are open to students and the public.
Frontier Hall, a coed four-story apartment-style residential community, is located on the corner of Grand and College, 210 N. Grand Ave., adjacent to the Carroll University campus.
At a glance
What: Retail shops at Frontier Hall
Where: Corner of Grand and College avenues, adjacent to the Carroll University campus
When: Opening in December
Berry Me Frozen Yogurt and Café
Au Bon Pain café and bakery (already open)
One space open
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha man accused of child sex assault for groping 12-year-old girls
- Waukesha County Fair's attendance "one of the best" in its history
- The Shoppes at Fox River coming before Waukesha Plan Commission for final approval
- Waukesha South hosting alumni show
- UW-Waukesha presents classy 'Kiss Me, Kate'
- Waukesha Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Waukesha man accused of suffocating ex-girlfriend twice during dispute
- Brewers' Hank the Dog coming to Waukesha
- Forums for District 97 state assembly race coming up
- Scorpion Trike strikes where it counts for Waukesha design firm