Frozen yogurt shop, YMCA coming to Carroll University's Frontier Hall
Stores to open in December
Catherine Huelsman, general manager of Berg Management in Waukesha, said the retail spaces in Frontier Hall, a residence hall that opened at Carroll University last year, are beginning to fill up quite nicely.
She said Berry Me Frozen Yogurt and Café is expected to have a soft open in the middle of December and a convenience store will also open at that time. Huelsman said the combined square footage for the two shops is about 2,500 square feet.
Huelsman also said a 5,000-square-foot YMCA facility will be built on the north side of the building and a soft open is scheduled for the beginning of December.
She added that all three businesses will be fully complete by the end of the year or at the beginning of 2013.
When these businesses open, it will join Au Bon Pain, a café and bakery that opened at the start of the 2011-12 school year, inside Frontier Hall.
And with these new developments, Huelsman said Frontier Hall has just one more retail vacancy that is about 740 square feet that could fit a small sub shop or tanning salon, among others.
Huelsman said the YMCA and retail shops are open to students and the public.
Frontier Hall, a coed four-story apartment-style residential community, is located on the corner of Grand and College, 210 N. Grand Ave., adjacent to the Carroll University campus.
At a glance
What: Retail shops at Frontier Hall
Where: Corner of Grand and College avenues, adjacent to the Carroll University campus
When: Opening in December
Berry Me Frozen Yogurt and Café
Au Bon Pain café and bakery (already open)
One space open
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha man receives prison sentence for battering pregnant girlfriend
- Wapp Jr. guilty of selling drugs from southwest side Waukesha home last year
- Waukesha man who pointed rifle at police is charged with six felonies
- Waukesha Community Briefs: pet events, Chinese New Year and more
- Mad Rooster Cafe considers former Hardees site in downtown Waukesha
- Video: Catholic Memorial High School's Innovation Wing opens to rave reviews
- Review: Waukesha Civic Theatre's 'Almost, Maine' gets it more than almost right
- Waukesha gas station murder suspect Darrin Malone heads to trial
- Pizza maker and caterer prep new spaces in downtown Waukesha
- Waukesha Police Report: Feb. 11, 2016 issue