Town of Waukesha candidate forum still scheduled despite two not attending
Radke, Doerr won't participate
A forum with the candidates in the two Town of Waukesha supervisors elections will be from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Monday at Town Hall, W250 S3567 Center Road.
However, two of the candidates have declined to attend.
The forum was supposed to feature candidates for the Supervisor 1 and 3 seats.
But one candidate in each race has stated that they will not participate in the forum.
Jim Radke, seeking the Supervisor 1 seat, and Michael Doerr, seeking the Supervisor 3 seat, have both said they won't attend.
Radke is facing incumbent Joe Banske, while Doerr is facing management consulting firm owner and former Town of Waukesha Chairwoman Angie E. Van Scyoc in the April 1 general election.
Van Scyoc said Friday she hoped that the two would reconsider by Monday night as she and Banske are still both planning on being there to answer questions.
A representative from the League of Women Voters will moderate the forum for now just Banske and Van Scyoc.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New downtown apartment complex part of plan to save Waukesha County Museum
- Waukesha police investigating death of man found on sidewalk
- Waukesha police arrest Associated Bank armed robbery suspects
- Waukesha County Board gives staff go-ahead to seek redevelopment proposals on old HHS building
- Waukesha man allegedly involved in shooting incident gets reduced bail
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Home improvement show, pancake fest and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Feb. 26, 2015 issue
- Two masked men rob Associated Bank in Waukesha at gunpoint
- Another wine bar could be coming to downtown Waukesha
- Darrin Malone, final suspect in Waukesha gas station homicide, arrested in Milwaukee