Town of Waukesha candidate forum still scheduled despite two not attending
Radke, Doerr won't participate
A forum with the candidates in the two Town of Waukesha supervisors elections will be from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Monday at Town Hall, W250 S3567 Center Road.
However, two of the candidates have declined to attend.
The forum was supposed to feature candidates for the Supervisor 1 and 3 seats.
But one candidate in each race has stated that they will not participate in the forum.
Jim Radke, seeking the Supervisor 1 seat, and Michael Doerr, seeking the Supervisor 3 seat, have both said they won't attend.
Radke is facing incumbent Joe Banske, while Doerr is facing management consulting firm owner and former Town of Waukesha Chairwoman Angie E. Van Scyoc in the April 1 general election.
Van Scyoc said Friday she hoped that the two would reconsider by Monday night as she and Banske are still both planning on being there to answer questions.
A representative from the League of Women Voters will moderate the forum for now just Banske and Van Scyoc.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Proposed Waukesha County Museum redevelopment plan coming before city panel
- 'Suspicious' fire damages Waukesha home overnight
- Attorney requests Slender Man stabbing suspect Morgan Geyser be moved to treatment facility
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Pet adoption drive, mob boss speaker and more
- Wife granted restraining order against former Waukesha County detective (1)
- Vehicle fire in Waukesha apartment building's underground parking garage creates 'an explosion'
- Former town of Waukesha chairwoman, resident file ethics complaint against chairman (2)
- Waukesha robotics team stays in top gear in regional competition en route to international event
- Waukesha Police Report: April 16, 2015 issue
- Oconomowoc man accused of getting high in store bathroom enters plea