Town of Waukesha candidate forum still scheduled despite two not attending
Radke, Doerr won't participate
A forum with the candidates in the two Town of Waukesha supervisors elections will be from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Monday at Town Hall, W250 S3567 Center Road.
However, two of the candidates have declined to attend.
The forum was supposed to feature candidates for the Supervisor 1 and 3 seats.
But one candidate in each race has stated that they will not participate in the forum.
Jim Radke, seeking the Supervisor 1 seat, and Michael Doerr, seeking the Supervisor 3 seat, have both said they won't attend.
Radke is facing incumbent Joe Banske, while Doerr is facing management consulting firm owner and former Town of Waukesha Chairwoman Angie E. Van Scyoc in the April 1 general election.
Van Scyoc said Friday she hoped that the two would reconsider by Monday night as she and Banske are still both planning on being there to answer questions.
A representative from the League of Women Voters will moderate the forum for now just Banske and Van Scyoc.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha man arrested after pointing a gun at another person outside home
- Meijer supercenter receives final approval from Waukesha Common Council
- Waukesha school committee denies parent's request to ban 'The Kite Runner,' 'Chinese Handcuffs'
- Disconnected air hose stops train in its tracks in Waukesha
- Waukesha mom seeks to have two novels banned from schools
- Waukesha man accused of child porn possession
- Waukesha Police Report: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- Home field turf debut delayed for Waukesha South, Waukesha North
- Downtown Waukesha becomes a wee more Irish with Clarke 'pub'
- Waukesha's Scott Allen wants to keep Gov. Scott Walker's message going in assembly