Town of Waukesha candidate forum still scheduled despite two not attending
Radke, Doerr won't participate
A forum with the candidates in the two Town of Waukesha supervisors elections will be from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Monday at Town Hall, W250 S3567 Center Road.
However, two of the candidates have declined to attend.
The forum was supposed to feature candidates for the Supervisor 1 and 3 seats.
But one candidate in each race has stated that they will not participate in the forum.
Jim Radke, seeking the Supervisor 1 seat, and Michael Doerr, seeking the Supervisor 3 seat, have both said they won't attend.
Radke is facing incumbent Joe Banske, while Doerr is facing management consulting firm owner and former Town of Waukesha Chairwoman Angie E. Van Scyoc in the April 1 general election.
Van Scyoc said Friday she hoped that the two would reconsider by Monday night as she and Banske are still both planning on being there to answer questions.
A representative from the League of Women Voters will moderate the forum for now just Banske and Van Scyoc.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Second stabbing suspect to be mentally evaluated in Waukesha Slender Man case
- Downtown Waukesha hotel again looks to fill key vacancy
- Catholic Memorial earns distinct national School of Excellence recognition
- Hebron House of Hospitality breaks ground on new low-income apartments in Waukesha
- R&R Insurance Services in Waukesha acquires Snyder Insurance
- Waukesha County detective arrested for domestic disorderly conduct
- Waukesha police reveal new details in Skateland incident
- Woman hit by vehicle in Waukesha Skateland parking lot expected to recover
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Wounded Warriors playing local softball games this weekend
- Waukesha Police Report: Sept. 11, 2014 issue