Kurt O'Bryan has returned to the Waukesha School Board.
Three years after being replaced on the board by Karin Rajnicek, O'Bryan is back on the board after being chosen at a special board meeting earlier this month.
He is filling the seat that was vacated by Dan Warren, who stepped down at the end of 2013.
The School Board chose O'Bryan over the other applicants, William Anton Duncan, Dionisia Gonzalez, Roger Patton and Scott Allen.
Sue Ettinger, the superintendent's executive assistant, said each applicant sent in a resume and was interviewed by the board.
O'Bryan won, but it wasn't unanimous. He received four votes, Allen had two and Gonzalez one.
The seat was open after Warren's decision to move to Florida and step down after more than 20 years on the board.
Warren was the board president, so Vice President Barbara Brzenk is serving as the interim school board president.
- Medina-Roddy finishes first this time in Waukesha School Board race
- Waukesha School Board candidates express views on technology, PTO
- Waukesha police investigating up to 35 students in sexting incident
- In brief: Open enrollment, school volunteers needed, teacher memorialized
- Waukesha School District puts cellphones on hold during school day
- Five vie for three seats in Waukesha School Board race
- Waukesha police: School iPad part of investigation into indecent photo
- Incumbents retain seats in close Waukesha School Board race
- Waukesha School Board candidates discuss Common Core, teacher compensation
- Waukesha School Board race is crowded this spring
- More iPads, time changes highlight start of school year in Waukesha
- 'Looking for Alaska' will remain in Waukesha School District's libraries
- Joseph Como elected new Waukesha School Board president
- Timing is everything in Waukesha's new school schedules
- School Briefs 04/03/14
- Cold weather forces Waukesha School District to make up three days
- SC Waukesha negotiating partnership to give district $600,000 for turf project
- No challengers once again for Waukesha School Board
- Salary increases approved for Waukesha School Board, superintendent
- Waukesha School District sells Oakdale Drive parcel to city