A 43-year-old Oconomowoc man was accused on Saturday, June 14, of pinning his 15-year-old son to the ground and repeatedly punching him in the head.
Neal Wallace, 419 S. Concord Road, was charged on Monday, June 16, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with one felony count of physical abuse of a child. If convicted, Wallace faces up to six years in prison and $10,000 in fines.
According to the criminal complaint, police responded to a report of a physical altercation at the intersection of Nike Drive and E. Main Street in the city of Waukesha.
The fight allegedly broke out because Wallace was upset with his son for staying out late with his friends.
A verbal argument erupted between the two after Wallace picked up his son and began driving them home.
The argument turned physical, the complaint states, and escalated when Wallace allegedly pulled his son from the vehicle, twisted his arm behind his son's back then pinned him to the ground and pounded on his son's head, back and ribs.
Multiple witnesses said in the complaint that the boy was crying and screaming during the incident, at one point shouting out, "Please help me. Call the cops."
According to court records, a court commissioner set Wallace's signature bond at $1,500. If released, Wallace is not to have any kind of violent contact with his son.
His court hearing is scheduled for Monday, July 7.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha stays on the road to updated construction this summer
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Local author's novel introduction, lantern walk and more
- Waukesha Police Report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Memorial Day recognition includes parade in Waukesha
- One year later, no resolution in Waukesha Slender Man case
- City officials hope new directional signs to downtown assists in revitalization effort
- Waukesha man charged after exposing genitals to gas station clerk
- Owners of seized Waukesha chinchillas charged with child and animal neglect
- Man with criminal past accused of 2013 armed home invasion in Delafield
- Historic homes to be highlighted during Waukesha's Historic Preservation Days