Please preserve Waukesha's history
To the Boards of Waukesha County:
Historic Preservation has been an important practice in the City of Waukesha and Waukesha County for as long as I can remember. Growing up, I was taught in the Waukesha School District the rich history including the founding, water, resort era, and commerce through reading, field trips, and projects included in the curriculum of history, social studies, art, English, and even math. The word 'sustainability' was not in use at that time, however, the lessons taught held sustainability and preservation as a core value.
Waukesha has many landmarks including the Grand View Health Resort /Moor Mud Baths property. This property been identified by the County Board in a recent resolution requiring removal from the County's assets.
With changing needs come opportunities to serve the public through excellence, customer service, fiscal responsibility, collaboration, integrity, and innovation. Opportunities can also serve the need to create a sustainability policy matched with action that confirms the County Government's commitment to their mission, vision, core values, priorities, and strategic plans.
I ask that the Board to strongly consider all reasonable options for the Grand View Health Resort/Moor Mud Baths property and amend their resolution to allow for selling the property to allow private development and investment to preserve our history. When evaluated using a Triple Bottom Line approach that considers the fiscal, environmental, and social value of all reasonable options, this option will be seen as the most sustainable.
I appreciate this opportunity be heard on this important matter with Waukesha County Government. I look forward to your commitment to the history of Waukesha, present business, and future successes together.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha County Fair's attendance "one of the best" in its history
- The Shoppes at Fox River coming before Waukesha Plan Commission for final approval
- Waukesha South hosting alumni show
- UW-Waukesha presents classy 'Kiss Me, Kate'
- Waukesha Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Waukesha man accused of suffocating ex-girlfriend twice during dispute
- Brewers' Hank the Dog coming to Waukesha
- Forums for District 97 state assembly race coming up
- Scorpion Trike strikes where it counts for Waukesha design firm
- Weather has slowed down field turf project at Waukesha schools