Please preserve Waukesha's history
To the Boards of Waukesha County:
Historic Preservation has been an important practice in the City of Waukesha and Waukesha County for as long as I can remember. Growing up, I was taught in the Waukesha School District the rich history including the founding, water, resort era, and commerce through reading, field trips, and projects included in the curriculum of history, social studies, art, English, and even math. The word 'sustainability' was not in use at that time, however, the lessons taught held sustainability and preservation as a core value.
Waukesha has many landmarks including the Grand View Health Resort /Moor Mud Baths property. This property been identified by the County Board in a recent resolution requiring removal from the County's assets.
With changing needs come opportunities to serve the public through excellence, customer service, fiscal responsibility, collaboration, integrity, and innovation. Opportunities can also serve the need to create a sustainability policy matched with action that confirms the County Government's commitment to their mission, vision, core values, priorities, and strategic plans.
I ask that the Board to strongly consider all reasonable options for the Grand View Health Resort/Moor Mud Baths property and amend their resolution to allow for selling the property to allow private development and investment to preserve our history. When evaluated using a Triple Bottom Line approach that considers the fiscal, environmental, and social value of all reasonable options, this option will be seen as the most sustainable.
I appreciate this opportunity be heard on this important matter with Waukesha County Government. I look forward to your commitment to the history of Waukesha, present business, and future successes together.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha County Airport $11 million upgrade finally takes flight
- Cause of scrap yard fire at Waukesha Iron and Metal will be left undetermined
- New downtown candle store will hold grand opening Saturday
- Waukesha Northstar Players presenting "The Crucible" this weekend
- Elmbrook Humane Society to team with HAWS
- Three arrested after being involved in one-car rollover crash in Waukesha
- Waukesha man honored by police for saving woman from incoming train
- Update: Large fire at Waukesha Iron and Metal under investigation
- Waukesha man accused of running down woman with his car
- Convicted sex offender released to apartment on Moreland Boulevard in Waukesha