The following are groups/classes that are held at Parents Place. 1570 E Moreland Blvd., Waukesha:
This group explores the types of problems fathers are experiencing with their children. Fathers will learn effective communication that can be used with all ages of children and other adults in their children's lives. Tuesdays, July 8 and 15 from 6 to 7:30pm. Call Parents Place at (262) 549-5575 to register. Complimentary child care is available.
Divorce or the end of a relationship is not the end of a relationship with your child or with your child's other parent. A negative relationship with your co-parent can cause your children to feel emotional and psychological distress. This group tries to redefine the relationship with your co-parent for the sake of the children involved. Mondays, July 14-28 from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Call Parents Place at (262) 549-5575 to register. Complimentary child care is available.
Effective discipline for challenging child
This is an opportunity to learn new parenting tools that will replace the old ineffective discipline techniques that are not working. Children will learn to be accountable for their behavior. The focus of this group is on parents of children age 5 and older. Mondays, July 7-28 from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Call Parents Place at (262) 549-5575 to register. Complimentary child care is available.
Individual education plan basics for parents
This class will cover the basic framework of what is discussed during an IEP meeting. Parents will learn how to prepare for an IEP meeting, so they can advocate for their child. Wednesday, July 23, from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Call Parents Place at (262) 549-5575 to register. Complimentary child care is available.
Growing creative and happy kids
A love of learning, thinking, creativity and solving problems are important qualities children need to develop. Parents will learn how to model, encourage and nurture these qualities in their children through interactive fun. Parents and children (through age 8) meet the first hour separately and in a combined group for the last hour to use the information learned by inventing, creating, experimenting and more. Wednesday, July 9 from 1 to 3 p.m. Complimentary child care is available.
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Plants sale, 'Gypsy' auditions and more
- Waukesha police report: June 2, 2016 issue
- Farmer's Daughter Collection in Waukesha makes cultural connection
- Allô! Chocolat owners seek sweet deal for downtown Waukesha business
- Waukesha School District lauds change in food service provider
- Retzer Nature Center locked down May 25 due to attempted suicide
- Reconstruction of Tenny Avenue in Waukesha prompts short-term closure of nearby intersection
- Funeral services: May 26, 2016 issue
- Ex-Waukesha man accused of reckless homicide in heroin overdose death
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Lion King, gallery art and more