The downtown Waukesha Business Improvement District Board remains at seven members.
While it was a tight vote, 8-7, the Waukesha aldermen voted against the addition of Alderman Roger Patton at its Common Council meeting Dec. 6.
After repeated requests from the Common Council to have an alderman included on the BID Board, Mayor Jeff Scrima recommended Patton, who resigned from the BID Board along with 10 others after former Executive Director Meghan Sprager stepped down citing a "hostile work environment."
As the District 11 alderman, Patton represents constituents in downtown Waukesha.
Scrima said he was disappointed the Council denied his appointment.
"Sadly the Common Council continues to attack the past and has rejected their own downtown council member," he said. "We are encouraged, however, that as of (three) weeks ago the downtown BID taxing board has enough members to have a quorum and can responsibly move forward."
The seven members on the new BID Board are Sandy Cianciolo, owner of Mia's Italian Restaurant, Natalie Walters, of Waukesha State Bank, Bill Huelsman of Berg Management, Jim Taylor of Taylors People's Park, City Administrator Ed Henschel, Nick Martinez, a downtown attorney, and Ron Lostetter, Carroll University's chief financial officer.
Walters, Huelsman, Taylor and Lostetter are carry-overs from the previous board.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Power outages cause rush hour backups in Waukesha
- Chilly temps in store for trick-or-treating, haunted houses, football games in Waukesha
- Muskego man charged with sexually assaulting 12-year-old Waukesha girl
- Former Waukesha County Health and Human Services building has new life
- Shared employee health clinic opening next week in Waukesha
- Funeral Services: Oct. 30, 2014
- Student Notes: Oct. 30, 2014
- On the Move: Oct. 30, 2014
- Man robs victim of iPhone near Waukesha's Fox River Trail
- Waukesha woman allegedly abused, insulted her disabled mother