As of Tuesday, the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department still had not released the name of a man who was struck and killed by a train Friday night.
According to the department, a white male died after he collided with a train a quarter mile south of Sunset Drive around 10 p.m. Friday.
The Sheriff's Department said the accident is still under investigation. According to the city's police dispatch log, an engineer told police it appeared to be a suicide, but authorities have not confirmed this.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Female driver crashes vehicle into Waukesha Memorial Hospital
- Longtime Waukesha city attorney Curt Meitz won't run for re-election
- Waukesha man pleads guilty, gets life sentence for triple homicide
- Waukesha man charged in motorcyclist's death
- Police Report: Dec. 5
- Donations help Hope Center's clients stay warm
- Women's Center gets $4,000 Packers grant
- Art Crawl, Santa Run highlight holiday weekend in downtown Waukesha
- Hardees shuts down well before its lease expired
- Final suspect in shooting near Waukesha Woodman's turns himself in