A masked man with a gun robbed the Family Dollar, 139 E. Broadway, in Waukesha on Jan. 16.
At about 6:50 p.m., employees informed the Waukesha Police Department that a male suspect entered their store, displayed a handgun and demanded money.
After obtaining anundisclosed amount of money the suspect fled.
According to police, the man is described as about 6-feet tall, average build, wearing a dark jacket, black ski-mask and a gray hooded sweatshirt.
No one was injured in the incident, said Sgt. Joe Hendricks of the Criminal Investigation Division.
The scene was then processed for evidence.
Hendricks said officers searched the surrounding area with the assistance of Waukesha County Sheriff K-9 unit but did not locate the suspect.
Police are asking that anyone with information on this incident call (262) 524-3831.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New downtown apartment complex part of plan to save Waukesha County Museum
- Waukesha police investigating death of man found on sidewalk
- Waukesha police arrest Associated Bank armed robbery suspects
- Waukesha County Board gives staff go-ahead to seek redevelopment proposals on old HHS building
- Waukesha man allegedly involved in shooting incident gets reduced bail
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Home improvement show, pancake fest and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Feb. 26, 2015 issue
- Two masked men rob Associated Bank in Waukesha at gunpoint
- Another wine bar could be coming to downtown Waukesha
- Darrin Malone, final suspect in Waukesha gas station homicide, arrested in Milwaukee